Job #1501: CFO - Newark, NJ (12-8-20)
Salary$180,000 - 200,000
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: Remote; must be able to travel to NJ office location (post COVID-19); must work EST work schedule
Position Type: Regular Full-time, 40 hours
Reports to: BCT Partners President
BCT Partners’ mission is to provide insights about diverse people that lead to equity. We are a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of research, consulting, training, technology, and analytics services. BCT works with government agencies, corporations, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions and foundations, and is one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following markets: housing and community development, economic development, workforce development, children and families, health, education, and diversity, equity & inclusion.
We invite and welcome to our team people who share our values and goals; those with a passion for making the world a better place, who see strength in our diversity, seek equal opportunity for all communities and are motivated to create a more equitable and just society. We appreciate the knowledge, abilities, and ideas of each individual and embrace his/her/their positive contributions to our collaborative and dynamic work environment
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has primary accountability for all BCT Partners’ finance and accounting functions, including financial strategy & forecasting, treasury, reporting, and overseeing the management, compliance and general activities of accounting. The CFO provides leadership, direction and oversight to the accounting team.
Manages the processes for financial forecasting, corporate budgets, and financial reporting. This role provides strategic recommendations to the CEO, President and other executive team members, advising on long-term business and financial planning. The CFO establishes and develops relations with all levels of BCT Partners’ staff as well as external partners and stakeholders. This role oversees the development, implementation, and management of all formal accounting procedures.
Provides financial leadership and accounting oversight to optimize financial performance of the organization. Ensures the financial well-being of the company, by providing financial projections, accounting services, directing staff, and building organizational capacity.
- Develops financial strategies for the organization, based on sound analysis that establishes functional objectives aligned with organizational goals.
- Sets financial strategies by evaluating trends and setting critical measurements to optimize profitability and drive organizational growth.
- Evaluates growth opportunities ranging from acquisitions to expansion projects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities, along with offering recommendations for use of capital.
- Plans for future capital needs by evaluating product development and staffing requirements, identifying monetary resources, and developing action plans.
- Monitors, measures, and analyzes financial performance at a corporate, portfolio, and project-level. Reports financial health by developing forecasts, analyzing variances, and implementing improvements/corrective actions where necessary.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities, guiding the execution of the strategy, and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Provides overall leadership for all financial systems, staffing, policies, and procedures. In collaboration with the Director of Accounting, analyzes the organization’s financial operations, identifies opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
In In collaboration with the team, supports the development of financial staffing strategies, provides executive leadership, communicates and enforces values, policies, and procedures. Supports the review and dissemination of compensation strategies throughout the organization. Performs other tasks as assigned by management in support of BCT’s goals and objectives.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Accounting, Finance, or related field, from an accredited university or college. Graduate degree and/or CPA accreditation is preferred, but not required.
- 10 years of relevant and progressive experience with project and general accounting, cost accounting,finance, and managing functions similar in size, scope and complexity to BCT’s. Experience in growing a company from small to mid-sized is a plus.
- Government contractor experience required; small business acquisition experience desired.
- 6 years’ experience leading, developing, and supervising a team required.
- Demonstrated experience leading and setting an organization’s financial direction, conducting scenario planning, and leveraging the finance and accounting functions to achieve strategic business goals.
- Experience serving as a knowledgeable, trusted advisor to senior leadership and clients.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, documenting, and managing financial and project management systems and organizational infrastructure.
- Strong organizational, administrative and project coordination skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to lead, collaborate and build relationships with staff, clients, remote colleagues and supervisors, and others.
- Able to independently and collaboratively solve problems, make decisions and support change; exercises sound judgment, ask questions and be open to the input and decisions of others.
- Computer, Internet and general proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, data manipulation, and pivot tables are required.
- Experience managing enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems (i.e. Deltek Costpoint, Unanet) required; experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll systems a plus.
Proven ability to effectively communicate when speaking and in writing, present to small and large groups, facilitate meetings, and clearly explain moderately complex ideas to a general audience.
Job descriptions serve to provide guidance and information regarding position responsibilities and job expectations. BCT Partners reserves the right, where permitted by law, to modify position responsibilities, sometimes without notice or written updates to the job description documents.
Please follow this link: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=bt120 to the opening on BCT Partners’ career page. Indicate on the application that you were referred by Friends of the Firm. HR Manager Kathy Makowski (email@example.com) is the main contact for this opening.