Job #1497: Assistant Controller - East Rutherford, New Jersey (11-19-20)
Job TitleAssistant Controller
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Assistant Controller - American Dream
The main purpose of the Assistant Controller is:
To be responsible for the daily accounting operations of numerous American Dream and Triple Five business entities. The group oversees accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting and maintaining financial control. In addition, they analyze financial results, assess operational processes & internal controls and the preparation of internal/external financial reporting. The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Controller and Senior Vice President for the commercial property portfolio activity, transactions, and financial reporting.
Provide direction and guidance to the Accounting team as they perform their duties to ensure timely, accurate and consistent delivery Preparation and review of various entities’ monthly financial statements. Prepare balance sheet and income statement variance analysis for management Review and analyze the general ledger, financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual and adjusting entries.
Prepare and/or review detailed monthly and year end work papers. Monitor and analyze department work to improve and develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Assist in the management of auditor engagements for completion of annual audit reports. Prepare and/or review quarterly tax projections and annual tax work papers Coordinate/communicate with business executives regarding operational needs and accounting issues. Participate in various business processes and technology integration initiatives. Special projects as assigned by management. Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- MBA preferred 5+ years of professional experience
- CPA and public accounting experience preferred
- Proven work experience as an accounting manager or supervisor position
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/accounting theory
- Knowledge of partnership/corporate tax returns a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with attention to details
- Mature professional with sound judgement and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Knowledge of MRI a plus Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
Physical Job Requirements:
Sit- Frequently Perform repetitive motion such as using a keyboard- Frequently Stand/move about- Infrequently Reach at or above shoulder level- Infrequently Reach at or below should level- Infrequently Reach at or below shoulder level- Infrequently
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Matthew Kerzner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1497 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.