Job #1493: CFO- New York,NY (11-2-20)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryCommensurate with experience
CFO for High-Growth PE-Backed Leading Technology-Enabled Retail Agency
Harvest CFO has been retained to deliver a highly skilled Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for a technology-enabled direct-to-consumer channel partner driving game-changing growth for its clients in Amazon® and similar online retail ecosystems.
This company offers a fully outsourced, turnkey e-commerce solution for leading wellness, beauty and apparel brands, providing re-seller protection, product development, and creative services while leveraging proprietary data analytics within the world’s largest online marketplaces. Currently generating more than $50MM in annual revenues with an attractive margin profile, this company has an ambitious strategic plan, supported by its private equity (PE) owner, of continued rapid, profitable growth through both organic and targeted acquisitions.
This CFO will partner with the Co-CEOs and the PE firm in achieving the strategic plan. The CFO will have primary day-to-day “hands-on” leadership responsibility for the financial management function, including financial and operational reporting, forecasting, FP&A, capital expenditure analysis, working capital management, treasury, tax, insurance, budget, and audit functions.
The CFO is expected to be an operationally focused business partner and work effectively across all functional areas including procurement and legal (contract review). The CFO will be tasked to assess financial performance across all revenue streams and lead initiatives toward improving profitability. The CFO will develop and lead a financial management function that enables efficient, profitable growth and is expected to maintain strong systems andcontrols to safeguard corporate assets and ensure corporate policies are followed. The CFO will partner with the CTO to integrate and improve
financial and operational systems and process. The CFO will play a key role in the execution of M&A strategy, including target due diligence and post-acquisition integration. The CFO is also responsible for managing existing banking relationships and associated covenant reporting.
The CFO position is a key leadership role within the organization and is a critical tactical and strategic executive position working collaboratively with the company’s Co-CEOs, management team and Board to develop and execute on short and long-term strategies. The CFO is expected to be a positive impact across the company and enhance its culture internally as well with key third parties.
This role provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including equity participation.
Harvest CFO LLC www.harvestcfo.com is a premier provider of highly skilled financial leaders to private equity portfolio companies for permanent and interim roles.
1. Industry experience in tech-enabled businesses or ecommerce consumer packaged goods (CPG) environment desired.
2. Successful experience:
• as a financial leader who is both “hands-on” and “scalable” in an environment of at least $35MM in revenue and proven ability
to manage rapid growth;
• in a financial leadership role for a private equity portfolio company or similar environment;
• as a change leader/mentor shepherding financial and operational improvements;
• as a business partner with the CEO, management team and Board to achieve targeted results and strategic plan;
• as an operations-focused business partner across all functions of an organization including procurement;
• advancing financial management and implementation of GAAP best practices across the business;
• developing and managing a high performing financial planning and analysis (FP&A) function to support the business;
• in a leadership role for systems and processes evaluation, improvements and upgrades;
• managing treasury functions including cash flow, working capital forecasting and liquidity planning;
• managing outside lenders and requirements contained within credit agreements, including financial reporting, cash
forecasting, borrowing base and covenant reporting;
• in a financial leadership role as to acquisitions, including due diligence and post-acquisition integration;
• in a financial leadership role as to a company sale or significant liquidity event;
3. Reports to the Co-CEOs and will present to the Board.
4. Direct Reports to the CFO: accounting team and will assume responsibilities for HR , IT, legal and procurement.
5. CPA and/or MBA is preferred.
Primary Ongoing Functions and Skillsets
1. Leads the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, financial strategy, metrics and procedures concerning financial
and operational management including budgeting, accounting and FP&A.
2. Ensures sound internal financial management and controls and there are procedures to continuously improve internal controls.
3. Oversees and manages the preparation of ongoing required financial statements and operating reports ensuring compliance with
appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
4. Reviews financial statements and operating reports with all parties of interest.
5. Oversees and ensures timely and accurate processing of transactions and accounting data and ensures legal and regulatory compliance
regarding all financial functions.
6. Oversees management of employee health, welfare and benefits plans.
7. Initiates and optimizes strategies to enhance cash flow, working capital (including inventory) and liquidity in a levered environment.
8. Manages annual audit process and coordination of preparation of external audit materials, external GAAP financial reporting and all tax
compliance and reporting.
9. Leads and manages the preparation of quarterly Board package and makes Board presentations.
10. Responsible for Monthly Business Review package and ownership and delivery of review to BOD and Management team members.
11. Responsible for building yearly operating plan within the strategic plan framework.
12. Develops/leads a robust forecasting process, working closely with clients and others internally to provide reliable forward-looking insights
and a budgeting function that improves accountability and current operating results.
13. Manages preparation/analysis of daily/weekly/monthly reports of financial and operational key performance indicators and trends.
14. Assesses organizational performance against budgets with functional leaders and management team and provides leadership for
operational improvements to improve profitability.
15. Manages banker relationships, including monitoring compliance with any debt covenants as well as building quarterly business review
financial package for senior lender reviews.
16. Assists with the negotiation of terms and conditions within customer and vendor agreements.
17. Develops and manages a high performing accounting and finance staff within appropriate budget constraints for a business of this nature.
Quality Management and Improvement
18. Proactively focuses on continuous improvement in accuracy and timeliness of ongoing financial management, financial and operational
reporting and accounting and finance processes.
19. Partners with management to identify and lead implementation of company profit improvement opportunities.
Strategic and Analytical
20. Primary focus on profitability and alignment of finance with strategic goals.
21. Analytical abilities and solid communication skills as to what is driving results.
22. Leads M&A financial due diligence including acquisition evaluation and structuring and finance/accounting integration.
23. Provide management team with business forecasts that convey timely insights as to prospective profit impacts of changes in
pricing/volumes and/or cost reductions as needed and as market conditions dictate that enable better management decision making.
24. Develops and manages processes and systems to provide the management team with timely financial and operational information
regarding company performance compared to strategic/operation plan and make actionable strategic and tactical recommendations.
25. Continuous focus on improving EBITDA and communication of strategies and executable action plans to the management team and
26. Plays a key role with the management team and Board in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives and execution.
27. Prepares and communicates to management proforma returns when necessary to justify prospective investments.
28. Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
29. Builds solid working relationships across the organization including with leadership, workforce, customers, suppliers and key third parties.
IT and Technology
30. Proficiency with technology systems including ERP, leveraging IT to gain competitive efficiencies.
31. Partners with CTO for integration and improvements of financial and operational technology platforms.
Other Functions and Useful Skillsets
1. Review contracts and approve financial terms.
2. Understanding of quality initiatives such as continuous improvement, six sigma, lean or similar concepts.
3. Leads risk management including appropriate tax, insurance, and legal aspects/strategies to preserve and enhance company assets and
4. Partners with HR to evaluate and establish appropriate compensation/benefit structures, including incentive plans and sales
commission/compensation structures that link with and have the potential to enhance company performance.
Key Personal Attributes:
• Servant leadership mentality.
• Exceptional communicator. A proactive and passionate advocate for the business.
• Sense of urgency. “All Hands-on Deck” leadership style.
• Creates a sense of team spirit. Inspires, influences and helps produce an exceptional, positive work environment.
• Successful team builder, developer, and coach.
• Embodies and upholds organizational core values.
• Displays innovative thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness and tenacity.
• Occasional, but limited, travel for board meetings and other business needs.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Don Hillier at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1493 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.