Job #1488: Senior Accountant - Parsippany, New Jersey (10-28-20)
Job TitleSenior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Under minimal direction, perform various accounting processes necessary to maintain the company’s financial reporting and records in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and CAS/FAR laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare monthly closing entries, account reconciliations and monthly financial statements for multiple subsidiaries
• Cost accounting oversight for the company's manufacturing operations, including income statement and balance sheet variances, explanations of manufacturing costs, and over/under cost absorption
• Complete variance analysis, financial statement trending, and explanations of key variances
• Complete monthly consolidation of parent company and subsidiaries, including foreign translation, intercompany profit analysis and monthly elimination entries
• Preparation of statement of cash flow for all entities, including foreign subsidiaries,
• Partner with internal departments to compile data necessary to complete monthly accounting closing and variance analysis
• Participate in annual budget and quarterly forecasting activities
• Partner with outside audit firm in completion of annual audit
• Participate in annual/semi-annual physical inventory, locating discrepancies and reconciling variances
• Prepare schedules used for quarterly income tax estimates
• Maintain Fixed Assets register and calculation of monthly depreciation
• Foreign Exchange Gain/Loss calculations
• Support special projects as required
• Understand and adhere to all company’s policies and applicable laws
• Travel to other company locations or Customer Sites as necessary
• Perform other duties as required
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong knowledge of general accepted accounting principles
• Financial statement preparation & consolidation experience with income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access
• Ability to perform the role as a hands-on, ‘can-do’ member of the finance team
• Self-starter, strong problem solver with the capability to analyze information to determine root causes and provide clear analysis and solutions to senior management
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Cost accounting experience in a business which manufactures products
• Excellent attention to detail and highly organized and ability to easily learn and navigate software
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and 7 or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of Infor Visual financial system
• Experience with an industrial products or other manufacturing business
• Auditing experience in similar industries
• Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work requires some physical effort in the handling of materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1488 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.