Job #1487: Controller - New York (10-27-20)
SalaryCommensurate with experience
The Controller will oversee financial reporting for the preparation of financial statements, investor reports and accounting work papers on a day to day basis for a substantial portfolio of real estate investments which are primarily multifamily apartment buildings and opportunistic in character which are held by various limited partnerships.
- Work with the CFO and management team to meet any and all financial reporting deadlines and requirements and manage the effective communication of information.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting packages on a timely basis.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors, tax preparers and the internal property management company to answer and/or resolve their questions.
- Review monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports for numerous investments.
- Coordinate financial reporting with the internal property management company.
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare audit and tax work paper packages prior to submission to the external auditors or external tax preparer.
- Produce cash budget reports including budget to actual comparison.
- Application of current accounting guidance on real estate equity and debt investment acquisitions and dispositions.
- Work directly with all parties on any ad-hoc reporting required.
- Responsible for the treasury management function, including maintaining banking relationships, setting up new bank accounts, creating an efficient and effective flow of banking activity and information.
- Candidate will interface with the CFO and principals on a daily basis.
Interested Friends of the Firm members should e-mail resume to Kerri Rzeczkowski at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1487 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.