Job #1474: Chief Financial Officer - Denville, NJ (10-12-20)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryCommensurate with experience
Since 2001, PlanITROI has been focused on Changing Lives with Affordable Technology. Now, more than ever, PlanITROI is considered “essential” and our impact on students’ and families’ lives is our driving mission.
Previously owned computing devices and mobile technology simply cannot be created. By partnering with organizations, industry leaders, educational institutions, and governments to uncover and recover the highest possible value for their retired and returned technology assets, we gain access to previously owned products.
Our supply team’s efforts to bring in previously owned computing devices provides us the opportunity to offer refurbished and re-certified devices through major online retailers. It is our goal to always create an affordable option for computing devices so we can continue to make an impact on the students, families, and businesses who depend on affordable technology.
We’re a certified Great Place to Work in the USA and pride ourselves on being a “People First” company. That means… in all situations, do what’s best for others. There is no better way to build a brand than to authentically do what’s right for others – every day!
We’ve been operating as a remote team across the USA for years, so we understand how to operate like a well-oiled remote machine. Therefore, adding a global role in a different time zone will be just as easy. The heartbeat of what we do is driven by processes and systems that keep us accountable and working as a team, we call it “The PlanITROI Way”.
Our mission gives meaning to team members, allowing them to sink their teeth into doing what they love and give back to their community at the same time. Come work with us to not only make an impact on your life but on the world!
Position Overview for CFO:
PlanITROI is seeking a hands-on builder/leader with expert experience in a fast growing product e-commerce company with a global team. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of FPA as well as ERP systems. Our candidate must be have expertise in converting from QBO to a modern ERP system with execution from both an internal IS outsourced partner. Candidate must have recently come from a company that sells and drop ships products direct to consumers through major online retailers such as; eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.
PlanITROI needs a proactive leader who can implement and integrate our vision of conquering the Digital Divide and Changing Lives with Affordable Technology. The ideal candidate must have a proven background in FPA, ERP and e-commerce product sales of $100M+. This candidate must be a highly organized self-starter, detail oriented and have the ability to drive a finance team for our future growth.
This position requires a strong leader who can both manage at a strategic level, as well as, execute at a tactical level.
Challenge: Our current accounting system is QB Online which is not scalable for our anticipated growth. We need someone with proven experience in selecting and implementing a new ERP system.
Challenge: We are challenged in building budgets and keeping departments accountable to them by measuring and monitoring them. An expert at building budgets who will then measure and monitor departments against them.
Challenge: We are challenged with building sales and operational compensation structures to incent the right behaviors. We need an experienced CFO who has previously, and successfully, built compensation structures.
Challenge: We lack effective scoreboards and scorecards that reflect the health and wealth of the company on a daily basis. PlanITROI needs an experienced CFO who can design and implement scoreboards and scorecards that provide accurate visibility.
Challenge: PlanITROI lacks forecasting tools for inventory, profit & loss, cash flow etc... without proper forecasting we cannot accurately understand or leverage our trends and leading indicators. An automated system that, with the use of business intelligence, will provide reports with projections at any given time.
Challenge: We deal with a high volume of individual sales transactions through many EDI and API calls, Web and retailer sites of physical products. Someone with proven past experience whose expertise we can leverage.
Challenge: We lack the expertise on sales tax understanding within various states and how nexus works. We need an expert in state sales tax and nexus.
Challenge: We lack the expertise in financial analysis, planning and reporting to grow our company. Someone capable of analyzing data, planning for future growth and reporting on same.
Challenge: We lack strategic leadership from someone with specific and recent past experience and expertise accounting for supply that comes in on a revenue share/consignment agreement. We need strategic leadership.
Challenge: We need a CFO with knowledge of how international sales transactions work through all the major ecommerce channels and how to report the taxes. A resourceful CFO that, when they are stumped and do not have the answers, has an extensive network and/or the know how to find the experts who can help.
Challenge: We need someone who knows how to set up a 501c3, as well as, a minority business. TechTuesday, our foundation, is a 501c3 and needs to be associated with the Digital Dreams Project where we are promoting donations.
Challenge: Someone who knows how to build long term incentive plans for all employees of an organization.
- Hands on builder of teams who has a passion for training and managing: Information Systems, Finance, Accounting and Business Intelligence
- Accountable for PlanITROI: IS, BI, Accounting, Finance, Analytics and Reporting
- Select, implement and manage an ERP system domestic and international
- Build long and short term incentive plans and compensation structures
- Builder of budgets with metrics to measure/monitor departments against them
- Experience in donation programs, 501c3 and minority business setup
- Design and implement KPI scorecards and scoreboards
- All functions and duties as expected in running the day to day of a Information Systems, Finance, Accounting and Business Intelligence teams
Handle other miscellaneous duties, as assigned by the ELT
Most important experience and qualities we need in a CFO:
- BS in Accounting or Finance – CPA or MBA preferred
- A builder of systems and automation to replace what is being done by hand
- A proven leader of: Information Systems, Finance, Accounting and Business Intelligence teams
- Expert experience converting from QBO to ERP
- Experience managing both a domestic and international team
- Expert experience at building and leading automation in a very manual company
- Expert experience at e-commerce transactions direct to consumer through retailers
- Experience building accounting IS automation for high volumes of individual sales transactions through many EDI/API calls and retailer web sites
- Consumer sales tax understanding within various states and how nexus works
- Selection, implementation and development of an ERP system
- Proven experience building budgets and keep departments accountable by measuring and monitoring
- Building and maintaining weekly scorecards and scoreboards on the health and wealth of the company
- Creating, coordinating, and evaluating the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning and conservation of assets
- Financial planning and analysis of cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business
- Business process analysis for continuous improvement, automation so we can continue to scale exponentially without subtracting from EBIT
- Experience in building long term incentive plans
PlanITROI Core Values:
Driven & Confident Think Win/Win Always Own IT/Solve IT Personal Growth leads to Professional Growth Innovate & Change the World Proud to be Part of the PlanITROI Family
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Audra Franks at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1473 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.