Job #1465: Controller - Southern Nassau County, NY (9-25-20)
Job TitleJob #1465: Controller - Southern Nassau County, NY (9-25-20)
A mid-size international manufacturing company located on Long Island is searching for a controller to
manage all areas of its accounting department including G/L, A/R, A/P, cost analysis and financial reporting. This
position will report directly to the CFO of the company. The right candidate for this position will have ten
to fifteen years of experience in positions with increasing responsibilities, eight of which will be in a
managerial position within a manufacturing environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage monthly closings to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and completion on a timely basis.
• Oversee customer billing, accounts receivable, credit and collections.
• Oversee vendor invoicing, accounts payable and cash disbursements including employees’ T&E.
• Oversee management of working capital on a daily basis.
• Compile, review and analyze financial statements including variance analysis.
• Ensure that financial records and systems are maintained in accordance with US GAAP.
• Manage general accounting function and ensure that all accounts are accurately stated and
analyzed as well as all bank accounts reconciled on a current basis.
• Play a major role in maintaining and improving the accounting function in company’s ERP
• Assist in compiling cost standards, bills of manufacturing (BOM’s) and inventory valuations.
• Assist the CFO in managing the IT function.
• Develop and maintain key financial and operating KPI’s and metrics including daily maintenance
of working capital components.
• Coordinate and manage the preparation of annual external audit or review as appropriate.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA and/or MBA preferred.
• Proven skills in finance, accounting, GAAP, Microsoft Excel and ERP/MRP systems. Good
working knowledge of cost accounting, income tax and sales tax.
• Experience with manufacturing cost accounting, and working with bills of manufacturing (BOM’s) and ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to effectively manage staff, projects and tasks while adhering to guidelines and
• Must be able to relate effectively to people at all levels of an organization and possess excellent
verbal and written communication skills.
• Good working knowledge of Crystal Reports is a plus
• Reports to Chief Financial Officer
• Directly supervises Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager supervises the
Accounts Payable Supervisor and Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
• There is a dotted line relationship to the Human Resources Manager regarding payroll, tax,
and benefits accounting.
• Relate effectively to other members of management team.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic professional with the ability to contribute and
grow with the company. The company is offering a generous compensation package including
benefits and a 401(k)/profit sharing plan. This is an outstanding long term career advancement
opportunity for the right candidate.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Bob Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1465 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.