Job #1455: Finance Director - Ridgefield Park, NJ (9-2-20)
Job TitleJob #1455: Finance Director - Ridgefield Park, NJ (9-2-20)
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
The Finance Director has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, and management of all the finance activities the organization.
The primary responsibilities will include:
• Ensure financial sustainability by effectively controlling costs and promoting accountability
• Oversee the timely preparation and accuracy of all financial reporting
• Optimize and manage the process of all financial budgets and forecasting
• Review accounting systems and procedures with a view to reducing complexity and providing clarity
• Provide actionable insights and recommendations to the COO and leadership team
• Advise on short-term and long-term organizational planning
• Improve governance, proactively manage risk, and ensure tax and statutory compliance
• Provide leadership, direction and motivation to the finance and accounting team
Risk Assessment and Management
• Identifies and manages business issues in a positive and proactive manner. Will take action to minimize
potential for loss or damage to resources and reputation of the company. Uses system and process to
manage risk. Uses knowledge and expertise of risk function to manage risk. Understands impact of risk
on profitability and takes action to prevent.
Achievement and Performance
• Sets challenging goals consistent with strategy (self, business unit, employee). Implements effective
processes that focus people on achieving the best possible result. Never loses sight of objectives - uses
effective problem solving and decision-making techniques. Focus on performance and work ethic.
Ability to achieve exceptional results through others. Creates environment of exceptional performance
and high work ethic by setting challenging goals and targets
• Timely completion of monthly reporting and statutory compliance deliverables
• Support the Schools through training and advice on process improvement as to internal control
considerations & requirements, especially regarding segregation of duties and focus on control
• Develop strong rapport with the business and keep up to date on change initiatives impacting financial
processes and communicating these to the stakeholders
• Ensure timely completion of reporting to meet audit responsibilities
• Timely delivery of ad-hoc request from various parties
Employee Satisfaction / Employee Fulfillment / People
• Responsible for the meeting of and continuous improvement of quality standards of performance,
behaviors and customer service levels and the promotion of the organizations culture
• The building of a highly engaged workforce through leading by example; a culture of accountability,
integrity, client awareness, team spirit, ownership and reliability as evidenced by reduced turnover rate
and year on year improvement in employee engagement
Financial Performance / Growth
• Preparing National Support Office (NSO), regional and campus budgets, monitoring and reporting on
• Compiling and presenting actionable insights and recommendations on key cost drivers and funding
risks and contribution by department and campus.
• Ensuring robust and standardized systems, process, and policies are in place for North American
regions and campuses
• Preparing and presenting long-term financial plans (budgets/forecasts) in relation to developing future
strategies for the organization.
• Supporting and planning projects following that meet compliance standards / frameworks to ensure risk
is minimized for the organization.
Operational Excellence / Key Performance Metrics
• Coordinate/undertake Accounting Controls reviews to ensure compliance
• Budgeting & forecasting
• Schools’ annual operating budget
• Quarterly forecasts (regional, by campus etc)
• Sell budget and explain financial KPIs to all stakeholders from the student (Demand) to the Donors (Supply)
• Working with the organization to resolve control issues and ensure policy compliance
• Produce comprehensive analysis of Schools’ financial performance at regional and campus level, high
light and explain key variances, identify trends to allow informed decision making by leadership teams.
• Establish and implement meaningful financial benchmarks and KPI targets and report performance on
• Deliver Schools’ comprehensive strategic plan and keep it updated to capture material trend and
• Proactively provide sound professional advice and support on key financial decisions and how to
improve financial sustainability
• Forensically analyze current business practices and liaise across departmental managers to create
synergies and business efficiencies
• Investigate and respond to issues emerging from internal audit findings & management internal reviews
across the Schools, as and when required.
• Apply controller and reporting responsibilities
• Co-ordination and execution of internal and external audits to achieve favorable audit rating and provide
data requested by auditors to help with timely audit completion
• Involvement in timely completion of monthly, quarterly and various reporting requirements to the Board
Quality / Improvement
• Provide leadership to a culture of continuous improvement
• Foster a culture of process robustness and use lean methodologies to improve processes
• Ability to motivate, supervise, and engage staff
• Technically competent in Finance & Accounting in a non-for-profit environment
• Diligent, accurate, and pro-active in dealing with issues
• Ability to organize and control complex reporting and accounting systems.
• Leadership and analytical skills
• Strategic thinking – identify emerging opportunities and threats for Schools. Develop scenarios to
integrate these emerging trends into School’s strategic plan.
Risk Assessment and management
• Identify and manage business issues in a positive and proactive manner
• Take timely and appropriate action to minimize potential for loss or damage to resources of the Schools
• Apply knowledge and expertise of risk function
• An MBA or CPA is highly desirable.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant finance/accounting experience and leading a team is a must
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Megan Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1455 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.