Job #1447: Director Of Tax, Family Office - NY (8-20-20)
Job TitleJob #1447: Director Of Tax, Family Office - NY (8-20-20)
Review and recommend on potential transactions in an effort to outline potential tax implications. Will involve effective and efficient transfer of assets from off-shore entities to domestic entities or individuals. Understanding of international tax treaty law and foreign estate tax regimes.
Tax preparation for various trusts, business entities and individuals. Work hand in hand with estate planning attorneys to design and implement tax efficient plans for individuals to reduce tax on transfers and establish generational wealth preservation policies. Tax planning and compliance for philanthropic arm.
Oversight of bookkeeping responsibilities for various trusts, business entities and individuals. Lead the effort to select general ledger system and subsequent implementation. Quarterly reporting and cash flow projection for individual family members, trusts and business stakeholders
Involvement in the budgeting process for various family owned small business entities. Tracking and reporting of various interparty loans Analysis of financial statements and reporting from portfolio companies. Coordinate with attorneys on proper and efficient business ownership structuring. Audit of small business financials and outside partner bookkeeping. This is a newly created, highly attractive long term opportunity for the right candidate.
- CPA, JD or equivalent certifications strong academic accomplishments with advance tax degree preferred.
- 15+ years of experience with complex, Ultra High Net Worth tax compliance, planning and research, preferable pertaining to Family Office structures. Deep understanding of cross border income and estate tax issues.
- Understanding of trust administration and tax implications to beneficiaries. Ability to ‘roll up sleeves’ and perform work manually when necessary.
- Able to identify needs within the organization and plan to meet them accordingly.
- Able to work with family members and advise on specific tax questions
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Phillip Bank at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1447 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.