Job #1445: Controller - Englewood, NJ (8-17-20)
Job TitleJob #1445: Controller - Englewood, NJ (8-17-20)
Coffin Turbo Pump Inc, located in Englewood, NJ, is a small private equity owned manufacturer of
highly engineered boiler feed pumps serving the marine and industrial markets, has an immediate
need for a process driven Controller/CFO.
The Controller/Chief Financial Officer serves as a key member of the senior leadership team. Working
closely with the departmental managers and CEO, the Controller/CFO will set and enforce accounting
policies and develop best practices throughout the Company. Maintaining accurate and detailed
financial records and financial stewardship are critical to this role. If accounting issues develop, the
Controller/Chief Financial Officer is ultimately responsible for the solutions.
• Partner with the CEO, other senior leadership team members, Board of Directors, advisors, and
ownership to drive organizational change and growth. Participates in meetings with the senior
leadership team, Board of Directors, and ownership,
• Consolidate and prepare financial statements and other reports to summarize and interpret
current andprojected Company financial position. Reports are timely, accurate and complete.
• Prepares reports for management, the Board of Directors and ownership.
• Directs the external audit function including preparation of all financial reports, footnotes and
preparesdisclosure and discussion of the Company’s financial results.
• Provides support for ownership activities with analysis and preparation of reports.
• Responsible for selecting and managing CTPI’s IT Managed Service Provider to ensure
reliable and efficient IT tools and support.
• Assures compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Works with
ownership in supportof consolidated returns.
• Responsible for technical accounting, cost accounting and internal controls. Monitors
compliance with GAAPand Company procedures. Evaluates current accounting practices and
policies and drives continuous improvement.
• Creates, coordinates and reviews annual budget, capital process, interim forecasts and multiyear strategicplan.
• Manages relationships with external auditors, tax preparers, bankers, employee benefit and
IT serviceproviders and other key vendors.
• Responsible for management and implementation of the ERP system and underlying financial
• Develops, implements, monitors and oversees all cost accounting-based manufacturing
variances,inventory movements and physical inventory counts.
• Performs ad-hoc financial analysis or any other duties assigned to support decisionmaking by seniorleadership, the Board of Directors and ownership
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• Ten (10) plus years of experience in a senior financial position of similar scope, including cost
accounting, auditing, financial analysis and internal controls.
• Well versed in manufacturing cost accounting.
• Highly skilled in MS Office programs as well as ERP systems. Epicor experience preferred.
• Ability to create dashboards and KPI’s for executive analysis
• Exposure to merger and acquisition activity including integration of acquisitions.
• Experience with private equity owned companies
• Must be hands on and willing to work in both office and manufacturing environments
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Sandra Machtemes at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1445 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.