Job #1439: Human Resources Specialist-New York, NY (8-10-20)
Job TitleJob #1439: Human Resources Specialist-New York, NY (8-10-20)
NYC based real estate investment company founded in 1967 is seeking a Human Resources Specialist to oversee employee and labor relations and recruiting for their regional offices in New York. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the successful candidate will be responsible for employee relations and recruiting activity at the corporate and property level. Areas of oversight include leasing, accounting, purchasing and building personnel (reception, handymen, porters, and superintendents).
• Establish credibility with both managers and employees and provide sound guidance, direction and counsel. This individual will interface with all levels of management as well as union and non-union employees on a regular basis as a trusted confidant on all issues and provide honest feedback.
• Work independently and with the advisory oversight of company's Legal Counsel to interpret and understand various union contracts, as they relate to union and non-union employee relations and investigations. This individual will also be involved with union grievances and arbitration hearings and processes.
• Take an active role in recruiting processes and assist property managers in their hiring efforts.
• Manage recruiting and employee and labor relations activities throughout various property and corporate office locations.
• Conduct on-boarding for new hires and ensure that all records are in compliance with company, state, and federal regulations.
• Work with senior management to coordinate the annual review process and participate in the annual compensation process.
The successful candidate should have 8 or more years of human resources experience with a proven track record in handling recruitment and employee and labor relations efforts and a background acting as a trusted advisor to employees and management. Along with solid management and communications skills, this individual will be a self-starter capable of managing their time between corporate offices in Coney Island, Manhattan, and New Jersey as well as the company's various properties throughout NYC and NJ.
Additional criteria include:
• Expertise handling and overseeing talent acquisition processes including but not limited to sourcing and screening candidates, conducting in-person interviews, and running background checks for both corporate and property-based employees.
• Strong background in employee and labor relations including management of union grievances, arbitration hearings, and other applicable processes.
• Ability to oversee large employee populations and communicate, interpret, and understand various union contracts and processes related to investigations.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Mark Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1439 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.