Job #1428: Chief Operating Officer - Brooklyn, NY (7-9-20)
Job TitleChief Operating Officer
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Chief Operating Officer Position – Excellent opportunity to play a strategic role in a successful consumer goods company in the New York region.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic company that for 50+ years has been an innovator in the consumer goods industry? This successful company is looking for an experienced business leader who will (1) take full ownership of the business operations and (2) work in close partnership with the Chief Executive Officer to drive sustainable growth across all aspects of the business. The COO must bring a broad business perspective and an understanding of the key factors that drive overall success in the business.
The COO reports to the Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the COO is the Vice President of Manufacturing Operations, VP of Strategy and Administration, Sr. Director of Human Resources, Director of IT, R&D, and Director of Logistics.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations, keeping the CEO apprised of significant events.
- In partnership with the CEO, lead the development of a longer range strategic plan based on building sustainable, competitive advantages that can deliver attractive returns on invested capital.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the vision and mission while ensuring all program initiatives align with the company’s core values and culture. Provide leadership to the organization’s bench enabling employees to excel in their roles.
- Understand and educate others on the elements of change management and how to incorporate best practices into process improvement initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional team members to develop a comprehensive company-wide processes for product innovation and financial measurement, fostering effective communication between divisions and departments.
- In conjunction with leaders in each functional area, develop operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure and report on factors that are critical to business performance, such as contract packer efficiency, sales productivity, purchasing performance, etc.
- Develop and implement a system of regular senior management business review meetings based on a standardized framework that incorporates KPIs, and progress against defined goals and objectives.
- Provide supervision of IT cyber security systems, and future ERP selection and implementation.
- Mentor and develop the next generation of company leadership.
- Delegate responsibility and authority as appropriate.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strategic thinker with business and financial acumen.
- Substantial experience in a consumer goods company of $100 million+ in revenue.
- Track record of product development and innovation.
- Attuned to market opportunities and brand potential.
- A seasoned executive with relevant experience and knowledge.
- Possess both technical and interpersonal skills to make timely and credible key decisions.
- Demonstrate leadership through good judgment, consistency and integrity.
- An even-keel problem solver.
- Integrated and budget-focused mindset.
- Energetic approach with a desire to understand the culture of a new organization.
- Results-oriented with an ability to set and maintain systems.
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Previous experience with mergers and acquisitions.
- Knowledge or experience with family owned or operated companies.
- Influencing as a primary leadership style.
- MIS project leadership.
Required minimum qualifications include:
- Experience in the consumer goods industry (or similar) industry.
- 10+ years in a strategic, preferably “C-suite”, position with a proven track record of innovation and growth.
- Master’s degree in business or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent relevant education and training.
Interested candidates should e-mail cover letter and resume with salary history and expectations to Claire Irizarry at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include "Job Code 1: COO (FoF Job #1428)" in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.