Job #1427: Accounting Manager - Norwalk, CT (6-30-20)
Job TitleAccounting Manager
Salary$75,000 - $115,000
The General Ledger Accountant will perform a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant focus on General Ledger accounting. This position is also responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Finance in conducting key activities such as Month-End and Quarter-End close, Fixed Assets, Account Reconciliations and external Audits and Tax preparation. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly journal entries such as Cash, Prepaid, In-kind, Expense Allocations and Revenue.
- Balance Sheet preparation and perform Monthly Account reconciliations.
- Maintain and update Fixed Assets and other asset schedules.
- File and maintain all journal entries for internal and audit purposes.
- Prepare monthly operations deck and provide commentary on the monthly results as well as distribute monthly financials.
- Audit financial statements and documents in order to identify any errors or inconsistencies
- Review grant contract documents and clinical trial agreements for terms and conditions.
- Act as a key liaison with the external public accountants for preparation of the year end audit and preparation of Tax Form 990.
- Lead team and be the key liaison with financial audits and tax return paperwork.
- Assist in automating processes and procedures
- Provide support to the Director of Finance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Financial Officer.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- S. degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field; CPA or M.B.A. is a plus.
- 3-5 years of General Ledger and Journal Entries experience.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting functions; experienced in financial record keeping and bookkeeping
- Strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principles.
- Strong skills in working with expense accounting and ability to reconcile accounts.
- Strong understanding of accounting for deferred revenue and revenue recognition.
- Must have intermediate to advanced level Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities and assignments simultaneously with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to analyze data and search for inconsistencies, then reconcile inconsistencies and devise solutions to errors.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with multiple variables.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; ability to interact effectively with workers at all levels throughout the company
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- Role requires a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Non-profit experience is a plus.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Vanessa Bottazzi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1427 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.