Job #1424: Financial Asset Analyst - Great Neck, NY (6-29-20)
Job TitleFinancial Asset Analyst
Candidate will assist in all aspects of property-level operating activities and strategies for the Company’s portfolio of multi-family and retail/commercial properties within NYS. Responsibilities include financial analysis of property operating results, benchmark comparisons, drill down reviews of material variances and working together with Senior Management. The Financial Asset Analyst will also work with the acquisitions team to assist with new acquisitions
The ideal candidate is analytical and can decipher financial data to effectively evaluate the performance of property operating results. Is motivated, exemplifies admirable work ethic and passionate about their production. Has three or more years’ experience in public accounting. Experienced with residential (including rent stabilized)/commercial property management in the NYC market. The ideal candidate is also able to work independently with minimal supervision and is able to thrive in an environment that is highly entrepreneurial requiring the ability to multitask and prioritizing under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Review and analyze monthly property comparative financial statements.
- Update standard monthly reports with heavy follow-up to plans and actions regarding material variances.
- Maintaining financial models, update and compare bench-marking data and immediate flagging of performance concerns.
- Produce ad-hoc analyses of operating performance as required by Senior Management.
- Identify opportunities for value enhancement and improving cash flow.
- Summarize findings in concise clear reporting for Senior Management.
- Review commercial/retail leases and update a summary schedule of critical business terms for ongoing monitoring.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably with a concentration in Accounting, Real Estate, Finance, or Business-related degree (advanced degree preferred but not essential)
- 3+ years’ experience in public accounting.
- Prior experience with NYC rent stabilized properties, commercial and/or retail property is a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills in financial analysis.
- The ability to analyze financial report variances.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with a strong knowledge of Excel (pivot table and vlookup proficiency is required),
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex business documents including leases, financial reports, and contracts.
- Able to work proactively, independently and as a strategic partner in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with various departments within the Company.
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly-organized and able to multi-task effectively in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Paul DeGiovanni at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1424 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.