Job #1421: Senior Analyst - Tarrytown, NY (6-18-20)
Job TitleSenior Analyst
The Senior Analyst is unique role that will report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer with the primary goal of assisting with finance transformation while also assisting with the monthly close process:
- financial statement fluctuation Analysis, balance sheet reconciliation etc.
- assist role with planning, managing, and executing Finance Transformation Projects
- current state finance processes and controls documentation, recommendations and design mapping for improved efficiency and controls and helping to transform the accounting and finance area based on these analyses.
- assist moving towards SOX compliance and identifying key gaps and perhaps owning the future state SOX program going forward along with the internal audit function.
- assist with yearend audit preparations particularly as it relates to control assessments / testing.
- management of key finance metrics around current state processes.
- assist with master data management (transformation based)
- assist role with driving technology projects including ERP implementation and potentially a Blackline (a tool leveraged to house proof of balance sheet reconciliation and SOX controls among other functionalities) implementation. The role may extend at some point to administering these tools along with other cloud-based tool
The ideal candidate has had the following experience and has an interest in both finance transformation and the general accounting areas with 3 to 4 years with a big 4 accounting firm in the Audit and Sox Compliance areas.
- Key areas of experience are as follows:
- Experience auditing, reviewing and analyzing large company financial statements
- SOX audits and compliance
- process map documentation / flow charts, identifying controls or a lack thereof and identifying process inefficiencies and suggestions for remediation. This skill base is mission critical.
- assisting with planning, managing and executing projects leveraging a variety of project management approaches (Waterfall, Six Sigma, Agile) and tools / documentation (project charters, Gannt Charts, fishbone diagrams etc.). Specific experience with these methodologies is not a requirement.
- data management and the ability to make sense of and report on large volumes of data (excellent excel and data base skill sets) and leverage these abilities within projects particularly as a fact based assessment around current state processes and then measuring improvements during and after implementation and the post project environment.
- Helpful areas of experience or desired areas of growth
- Controllership, financial statement analysis
- master data management
- managing key finance transformation metrics
- basic cloud based administration
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to John Spinsoa at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1421 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.