Job #1420: Assistant Controller (Temp to Perm) - Westport, CT (6-18-20)
Job TitleAssistant Controller (Temp to Perm)
This multi-faceted role will assist the Finance organization and Global Corporate Controller in the implementation of numerous financial transformation initiatives as well as be responsible for accounting activities of multiple entities. Monthly accounting responsibilities include, but are not limited to, key account analysis and reconciliation, maintaining a timely, accurate and efficient monthly close to report process, forex accounting, daily cash management and reporting, recording journal entries, reconciling GL control accounts with their related sub-ledgers, and intercompany transactions and reconciliations. Identify opportunities to leverage financial systems and software and act as a champion of value-added change. He/she coaches and mentors other finance team members, recommends robust financial controls, policies and procedures ensuring they are adequately developed, operating effectively, and being adhered to. This person will assist in, and play a significant role, in numerous finance and operational transformation initiatives including, but not limited to – the implementation of the global consolidation system and migrating the consolidation process to the Norwalk Corporate HQ, completion of the roll-out of the FloQast close management software, standardization of account analyses and reconciliations, best practices, implementations of auto-matching functionality, close checklist, full leveraging of Concur employee expense system, payroll journal interface to general ledger, and streamline and enhance accounts payable processes.
- Ensure the accuracy of entries to general ledger accounts; reconcile subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger control accounts and prepare and/or review account reconciliations and analyses. Inventory accounting and reporting.
- Ensure all financial records and financial transactions are maintained and properly recorded in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Prepare P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements.
- Loans and notes payable, related interest calculations, amortization.
- Daily cash management and reporting; entering wire transfers and ach’s; bank reconciliations (including implementing auto-matching software).
- Manage all balance sheet account reconciliations for North American entities reporting into FloQast. Prepare P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements.
- Manage the US GAAP consolidation of 19 operating entities located in North America, Asia Pacific and Europe.
- Forex accounting and financial statement translation.
- Responsible for inventory accounting and reporting; accounts receivable (aging review and analysis, DSO’s, reporting) and accounts payable (review and analysis, aging’s, DPO’s).
- Maintain a streamlined and enhanced general ledger chart of accounts.
- General ledger report writing.
- Prepare and file various tax and statutory reports.
- Commission accounting and reporting.
- Fixed assets, depreciation, intangibles, and amortization.
- Evaluate existing accounting processes, recommend and drive streamlining, enhancement, automation, and the elimination of any unnecessary, redundant and non-value-added activities.
- Collaborate within and outside the Finance function to drive process improvement, efficiencies and value-added change.
- Draft and recommend accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Participate and play a key role in the annual audit process.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis supporting business leaders.
- Assist and lead ad hoc special projects requiring interaction with all levels of management, employees and external advisors.
- Share accounting and business knowledge, advise internal colleagues on best practices and assist with technical accounting inquiries.
- Provide (and champion) accountability, accuracy, timeliness, follow-up and high-quality service and information to management and other team members.
- Streamline and enhance A/P, A/R and employee expense functions.
- Lead process improvement initiatives within the department and globally, collaborate with managers in other departments on such initiatives.
- Special projects as requested.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 8-10 years of general accounting, financial reporting, and change management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
- Public accounting experience, at a Big 4 or a national firm, strongly preferred, as well as private industry experience.
- Inventory experience in an industry where there are multiple lines of business and SKUs.
- Significant experience preparing P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements.
- Experience consolidating foreign operations and entities; intercompany eliminations; elimination of profit in ending inventory.
- Experience assisting and leading ERP system transitions.
- Previously thrived in a growth and change oriented environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Adept working in a fast-paced, deadline driven global environment.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking and analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting and regulatory rules and related business processes. In-depth knowledge of existing, proposed and new codified US GAAP standards.
- Player/coach mindset – this role will require hands-on execution as well as thoughtful process design.
- Exceptional organizational skills, particularly in a fast-paced environment.
- Highest degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Expert level skills in all Microsoft Office applications (WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- An effective team player who positively contributes to an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- Versatility, adaptability.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills; comfortable presenting to all levels of management.
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative, strong work ethic and the ability to gather, synthesize, organize and report information.
- Strong time management, planning and project management skills; extremely reliable meeting deadlines.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to John Spinsoa at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1420 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.