Job #1413: Accounting Manager - New York, NY (6-9-20)
Job TitleAccounting Manager
Handsome Brook Farm is a pasture-raised egg provider, working with a network of small producers to raise organic and conventional eggs according to American Humane certified standards. We have developed and strictly follow standards for Pasture Raised hens that ensure that our hens forage freely outdoors with protective cover and are able to nest and sleep safely indoors at night with plenty of room to roam, perch, and exhibit natural chicken behavior. The health and welfare of our hens, the quality of our eggs, and the stewardship of our land are of utmost concern to us. We currently work with 65 independent producers raising in excess of 700,000 layer hens. One of the fastest growing food businesses in the country and one primed to challenge the status quo of the egg category, we have launched sales nationally and continue to target aggressive growth in the natural, grocery, mass and club channels.
Headquartered in New York, our team is small but nimble. Half of our staff are field and flock supervisors and support staff working with our farms to ensure sufficient quality production and compliance with our certification standards. We are building out a headquarters team to support our growth and institutionalize the corporate functions of the business.
Handsome Brook Farm is currently recruiting for a Accounting Manager. This new hire will play a key role in managing the Company’s general and technical accounting functions and will require a proactive individual with strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
This position’s core responsibilities will span the full spectrum of accounting management and financial statement control and include ownership of certain core transactional entries, leading the month-end closing process, audit engagement as well as supporting other finance initiatives. We currently work in Quickbooks online. This position will report to the CFO and will be based in our New York Corporate HQ.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Management over core GL entries including: processing outgoing payments, recording of accounts payable, bank reconciliations, customer invoicing and cash application/chargeback review
- Lead the monthly closing process, updating necessary work-papers and analyses to determine and record correct accruals and adjusting entries
- Assess current accounting processes with an eye towards efficiency improvements and implementation of best practices
- Help develop action plans to facilitate implementation of certain finance department initiatives, including in-housing remaining tasks performed by 3rd party service provider and potential software integrations / migration onto an EPR system
- Work with management and other finance team members to develop contents of a monthly reporting package
- Help prepare materials for presentation to the board as well as other 3rd parties
- Generate ongoing operational reports, reconciliations and KPI analyses for management review
- Manage relationships with key vendors, business partners, auditors and other constituents
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- Active CPA license or progress towards CPA preferred
- Prior experience in both public and corporate accounting preferred, experience with CPG or live operations a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft excel
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Richard Hauer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1413 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.