Job #1411: Senior Accountant - Brooklyn, NY (5-29-20)
Job TitleSenior Accountant
The Senior Accountant will support operations of the Cresilon Finance department and aid in accounting and bookkeeping responsibilities. Finance operations includes a dynamic array of areas, including financial statement analysis, budget management, equity administration, and supporting executive management and investors /fundraising efforts. Accounting responsibilities include cash and bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, property, plant, and equipment, and general maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for administrative payroll and related compensation documentation.
The Senior Accountant will work under the supervision of and report to the Finance Director and be expected to participate in any ad hoc projects, as requested, as well as the specific items listed below.
General maintenance of accounting records
- Perform cash reconciliations
- Maintain and track accounts payable, manage vendor invoices and payment
- Manage accounts receivable and track outgoing invoices
- Record sales and maintain inventory records; prepare cost accounting analysis and metrics
- Track property plant and equipment additions, depreciation, sales of used equipment, and disposals
- Prepare monthly close and related journal entries
- Issue monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements; provide analysis to management
- Prepare and administer payroll and 401K
- Contribute to the development of operating budgets and performance projections
- Maintain an orderly filing system for all paper-based or electronic accounting records including a system of document archival
- Document updates to internal control policies
- Act as liaison with external accountants and provide requested documentation and deliverables to auditors
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Assist with Finance Department operations
- Oversee financial policies and procedures, as well as internal controls
- Prepare budget analysis, along with presentation of variances for department managers
- Perform and document research related to debt and/or equity financing (leasing, fundraising, etc.)
- Prepare investor documents, such as the cap table or proforma, and provide financial updates for Company literature, as requested by senior management
- Coordinate and assist with various projects related to tax preparation, business analytics, investor relations, fundraising efforts, and accounting software implementation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, and 4+ years of operational accounting experience, preferably biotech or pharma
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and process development
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to see the big picture, be adaptable, think critically, and work independently within an entrepreneurial environment
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Stephanie Urban Leveen at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1411 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.