Job #1405: Controller - Denville, NJ (5-26-20)
Since 2001, PlanITROI has been focused on "Changing Lives with Affordable Technology". Now, more than ever, PlanITROI is considered “essential” and our impact on students’ and families’ lives is our driving mission.
Previously owned computing devices and mobile technology simply cannot be created. By partnering with organizations, industry leaders, educational institutions, and governments to uncover and recover the highest possible value for their retired and returned technology assets, we gain access to previously owned products.
Our supply team’s efforts to bring in previously owned computing devices provides us the opportunity to offer refurbished and recertified devices through major online retailers. It is our goal to always create an affordable option for computing devices so we can continue to make an impact on the students, families, and businesses who depend on affordable technology.
We are a certified "Great Place to Work in the US" and pride ourselves on being a “People First” company. That means… in all situations, do what’s best for others. There is no better way to build a brand than to authentically do what’s right for others – every day!
We’ve been operating as a remote team across the US for many years, so we understand how to operate like a well-oiled remote machine. The heartbeat of what we do is driven by processes and systems that keep us accountable and working as a team, we call it “The PlanITROI Way”.
Our mission gives meaning to team members, allowing them to sink their teeth into doing what they love and give back to their community at the same time. Come work with us to not only make an impact on your life but on the world!
Controller Position Overview:
PlanITROI is seeking a builder/leader with expert experience in a fast growing product e-commerce company. If you like challenges, job security and you know how to successfully convert a $100M+ company from an archaic accounting system and practices in QuickBooks to a modern ERP system, while still having to operate in QB managing the day-to-day accounting functions then you will be a perfect candidate. The successful candidate must have a proven track record of mapping out a conversion plan from QB to a modern ERP system and then executing with a team you have to build from scratch. You must have recently come from a company that sold products drop shipped direct to consumers through major online retailers such as; eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.
Our current situation:
Accounts Receivable Challenge: PlanITROI has thousands of individual drop ship sales transactions weekly that go through major retailers shipping our computing devices directly to their consumers. The challenge is each retailer ~20 have different rules, fees, processes, connectors and systems as well as different payment structures. The retailers take credits for products returned before actual returns are received.
What PlanITROI needs: Automation to remove human error with systems and process mapping to manage these transactions and RMA’s daily ~15% of sales.
Accounts Payable Challenge: PlanITROI’s supply comes on revenue share/consignment with services that get settled at time of sale. With sales pending and RMA’s at 15% it’s an issue paying vendors accurately.
What PlanITROI needs: Automation and systems that can match sales with supply for accurate reconciliation of revenue share/consignment for our clients. We also need electronic Purchase Order approval, Check approval and Check signing.
Inventory Challenge: PlanITROI receives inventory in many different ways: revenue share/consignment, purchases, direct from OEM’s etc… We lack automation to be able to quickly determine what our gross margin is on our inventory.
What PlanITROI needs: A system that can reconcile our inventory being hosted in our shop floor controls sequel based programs and integrated with an ERP system that can accurately recognize the different rules of where the inventory is coming from.
Profit & Loss Reporting Challenge: PlanITROI has limited visibility to accurate reporting. It’s current state is disconnected and relies on assumptions and manual inputs.
What PlanITROI needs: A simple way to demonstrate our profit and loss in an executive dashboard with transparency and accuracy.
Financial Projections Challenge: PlanITROI lacks forecasting tools for inventory, profit & loss, cash flow etc... without proper forecasting we cannot accurately understand or leverage our trends and leading indicators.
What PlanITROI needs: An automated system that with the use of business intelligence will provide reports with projections at any given time.
Process & Controls Challenge: PlanITROI lacks fundamental process structure and controls. Throughout the years there has been incorrect accounting practices such as applying payments to older invoices rather than applying to the specific correct invoice.
What PlanITROI needs: An automated process that matches invoices to payments through serial number verification.
- Must know how to process map all accounting and finance functions to easily convert from QuickBooks to an ERP system
- Manage the accounting department of a company that drop ships direct to a consumer through major online retailers
- Manage month-end financial close process, within 7 business days, reconciling all our transactions by serial number with controls and an audit
- Be the subject matter expert for QuickBooks
- Be the subject matter expert for financial reporting and analytics
- Run the accounting team while moving to a new accounting program, flying the plane while you fix it
- Financial planning and analysis of cash flow, cost controls and expenses
- Build a scoreboard and scorecards for financial visibility
- Perform ad hoc projects and reporting
- Handle other miscellaneous duties, as assigned
Most important experience and qualities we need in a Controller:
- Must have already experienced how to solve most if not all the challenges above within the past couple of years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting
- 5 years of relevant accounting experience around what PlanITROI needs
- Prior experience implementing a major accounting system from QuickBooks
- Experience in all aspects of accounting including, but not limited to, bookkeeping, inventory control, payroll, tax, financial reports, incentive programs and benefits
- Consumer sales tax understanding within various states
- Advanced skills in Excel, including macro development, pivot tables & vlookups
- Must enjoy working in a fast paced, highly accountable environment
- Leader, detail-oriented, ask questions, makes no assumptions, critical thinker and problem solver
PlanITROI Core Values:
- Driven & Confident
- Think Win/Win Always
- Own IT/Solve IT
- Personal Growth leads to Professional Growth
- Innovate & Change the World
- Proud to be Part of the PlanITROI Family
PlanITROI offers attractive benefits including paid vacation time, 401K Plan, Employee Purchase Program, company social events, Life insurance, and Medical, Dental & Vision insurance plans for employees and their families.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Dawn Duff at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1405 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.