Job #1404: Controller - Philadelphia, PA (5-26-20)
Human Capital Consulting Partners is conducting a retained search for a Controller for the Philly Shipyard, Inc. (www.phillyshipyard.com) located at the Navy Yard in Philadelphia, PA reporting to the CFO.
The Controller is responsible for managing the daily operations of the accounting department, creating financial reporting, developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures and working collaboratively with various other departments to insure accurate and timely financial statements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, MBA preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- DoD / U.S. Government Contracting experience required
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, Technical Accounting, and ability to research given topics required
- 15+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably experience with multi-year government contract projects
- SAP experience preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Manages the monthly close, including general ledger review & accruals, and all closing journal entries
- Maintains integrity of Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles
- Prepares interpretation of accounting results and advises management. Identifies complex accounting problems, researches solutions, and corrects problem
- Provides accounting and financial reporting guidance to support business, functional and corporate needs
- Assist with the transition to government contract accounting, develop appropriate policies and procedures, and support ongoing monitoring of compliance
- Interfaces with external auditors and is responsible for facilitating completion of the audit in connection with the Company's financial reporting requirements
- Manages all day-to-day accounting processes and members of the accounting staff
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Jim Geier, President and CEO of Human Capital Consulting Partners, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1404 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.