Job #1402: Director of Finance - Pine Brook, NJ (5-18-20)
Job TitleDirector of Finance
Avantik is currently seeking an experienced Director, Finance to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be someone who is an analytical and metrics driven leader who can think strategically, has a proven track record in the accounting and finance functions and has a strong understanding of business.
Avantik is an integrated medical products and services company, delivering quality equipment, consumables and service to anatomic pathology, Mohs and on-site pathology laboratories nationwide. We help hospital histology laboratories, clinical laboratories, and physician offices focus on what matters most - having everything under control in their laboratory to enable quality, fast and accurate diagnoses for optimal patient care. Learn more at www.avantik-us.com.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Serve as a business partner to the Managing Director, providing insight and recommendations on the Company’s financial performance, budgets and forecasts.
- Identify, develop and execute financial analysis of business initiatives, product launches, service offerings, and pricing models. Provide insight and recommendations.
- Create financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion. Establish critical measurements.
- Conduct financial planning and analysis. Develop short term and long-term projections and budgets.
- Develop and maintain the company’s operating and capex budgets.
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports and forecasts, including balance sheet, profit and loss (by product segment, branch) and statement of cash flows.
- Manage short-term and long-term cash flow planning and forecasting to ensure funds availability.
- Forecast capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identify monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Oversee the Accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software.
- Improve financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for company’s management and board of directors. Prepare and review financial statements for release to Board of Directors.
- Ensure GAAP compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local tax regulations.
- Oversight of all compliance/risk and legal for the company e.g. legal, tax, human resource, financial, etc.
- Minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
- 7-10 years total accounting and finance experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Prior experience in medical device strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
Avantik offers medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K and more.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1402 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.