Job #1400: Lead Accountant - Financial Reporting and Internal Controls - Eatontown, NJ (5-12-20)
Job TitleLead Accountant - Financial Reporting and Internal Controls
Wayside Technology Group, Inc., a growing company with a fast-paced environment is seeking a driven and dynamic professional to join its expanding accounting team as a Lead Accountant – Financial Reporting and Internal Controls. This is a hands-on position within a publicly traded information technology company. The qualified candidate must have the ability to understand the Company’s business model and product lines and apply technical accounting guidance. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Lead Accountant – Financial Reporting and Internal Controls will be responsible for assisting with all aspects related to accounting and financial reporting, including the development and continuous improvement of internal controls and processes to ensure the timely, accurate and meaningful reporting of financial results. This role will also be responsible for supporting the Compay’s SEC reporting requirements and various analysis and planning projects. A CPA with experience with a public accounting firm is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and leading SOX compliance including reviewing, developing and maintaining internal controls and business processes.
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining proper accounting methods, policies and procedures, including accounting for revenue under ASC 606.
- Supporting SEC reporting and filing requirements.
- Ensuring consolidated financial statements are fairly presented in accordance with US GAAP.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and analysis of results including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and other financial metrics.
- Performing research and analysis on technical accounting issues to determine appropriate accounting.
- Assisting with treasury management including covenant compliance and cash management.
- Gathering and providing information to external auditors relating to quarterly reviews and annual audit inquiries.
- Supporting accounting and finance leadership with various ad-hoc initiatives, including assisting in accounting for mergers and acquisitions, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven knowledge of US GAAP principles required.
- Advanced MS Office, accounting software and database skills.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data with a great attention paid to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated record of working directly with and communicating financial and accounting matters to senior levels of the organization.
- Highly analytical; able to resolve both simple and complex issues in a manner that supports business objectives. Promotes process efficiency/effectiveness on a consistent basis in a highly team-oriented environment.
- Strong communicator both orally (informally and in formal presentations) and in writing.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Public accounting experience with a national accounting firm servicing accelerated filers or relevant public company corporate accounting experience preferred; Tech industry experience a plus.
- CPA or CPA track is highly desirable.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Matthew Sullivan at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1400 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.