Job #1399: Financial Controller - Newtown Square, PA (5-5-20)
Job TitleFinancial Controller
Salary$125,000 - $150,000 DOE
Insomnia Cookies is seeking a full time Financial Controller reporting directly to CFO. The Financial Controller plays a critical role within the Finance department by serving as the subject matter expert for financial accounting and control activities and supporting CFO with planning, management and governance of financial operations, including treasury and cash management, fixed asset accounting and tax compliance. This role also works closely with the Insomnia Cookies Executive team to ensure
effective and efficient deployment of resources to deliver critical financial targets.
Specifically this role is responsible for timely and accurate periodic, quarterly and year-end reporting of the financial statements; balance sheet reconciliation of general ledger accounts; development, implementation and maintenance of internal control procedures; and serve as the primary contact with Parent Company’s Global Controller’s team and financial auditors. In addition, this position works closely with FP&A team to coordinates and deliver any ad-hoc analysis necessary for short-team and long term financial planning including operating plan, year-end estimate and activities necessary to shape financial ambition throughout the year, in accordance with the practices and guidance provided by US GAAP and local legal & regulatory requirements.
Above all, Financial Controller is expected to be a role model for ethics, integrity and trust in all areas of the business ensuring identification of and appropriate responses to governance and controls matter with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Manage financial accounting processes and reporting including periodic, quarterly and annual close, Hyperion submissions, corporate quarterly reporting, for Insomnia Cookies to ensure proper recognition of revenue, costs, assets and liabilities in accordance with US GAAP and local regulatory requirements.
- Maintain periodic oversight of transactional activities like A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, and other General accounting etc. by Insomnia Cookies accounting team. Ensure financial transactions are in compliances with standard processes and work instructions available and staff have the required competencies and training to adhere to the guidance.
- Monitor and maintain cash-flow/liquidity of the organization.
- Create and manage secure internal control environment, including appropriate segregation of duties, access controls, adequate support documentation, timely review and reconciliations. This includes, but not limited to, analyses of all general ledger accounts and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts.
- Provides functional expertise of various accounting systems to enable compliance with requirements and produce accurate and reliable financial reports. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement in processes and systems.
- Ensures minimal disruption of financial operations through timely resolution of financial systems (i.e. Sage/Mas 90, POS, Credit Card processors, Corporate Reporting tool, Financial Database etc.) by close collaboration with Financial Planning and Digital team in timely manner.
- Coordinates and manages internal and external audits and ensures timely resolution of all findings and comments.
- Manages and ensures applicable tax filing processes including LLC member’s income tax, sales & use tax, property taxes and local taxes etc.
- Primary liaison with parent company’s Global Controllers team to ensure bi-directional flow of information and understanding of each other’s dependency. Prompt escalation and resolution of any issues that may impact business processes significantly, demonstrating sense of urgency.
- Partner closely with peers in the Finance Leadership Team to drive team engagement, talent development, and a culture of continuous improvement and collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or finance along with CPA certification is required
- Post-graduate professional degree (i.e. MBA, etc.) preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant accounting experience in a high growth environment, including 3+ years of Controller experience required. Preferably within the Retail service industry or Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principal (GAAP), Financial systems and processes. Mix of Big 4/National public accounting and private industry accounting experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability decipher large amount of data and deliver actionable insight.
- Functional expertise in accounting systems (including Sage/Mas90, Hyperion, SAP, Oracle etc.) and financial modeling experience using advanced Excel functions including pivot tables, financial and statistical functions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong presentation skills.
- Cost Accounting and Budget Management - Understand the relationship between different costs and cost drivers and how to classify certain costs within the P&L. Ability to influence crossfunctional teams to initiate cost reduction programs.
- Drive for results - Must be proactive, high energy , results-oriented, and willing to drive change. Ability to meet deadlines under time constraints. Strong listening skills and attention to detail.
- Perseverance - Must work well under pressure and understand the importance of meeting deadlines. Resilience to change, working under pressure and lean organizational structure. Occasionally required flexibility to work outside of normal business hours (i.e. Period close).
- Priority & Process Management - Well-developed Planning & Organization skills to manage multiple projects and priorities. Must have a high degree of self-direction with the ability to constantly seek innovative ways to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Command - Demonstrable ‘Managerial Courage’ & skilled at ‘Dealing with Ambiguity’.
- Strong analytical capabilities and in-depth understanding of business/financial interrelationships between marketing/sales strategies, pricing, volumes, and cost structure. Understanding of basic internal financial measures such as EBITDA and Cash flow.
- Financial Controls - The knowledge and application of business processes, internal control concepts and practices to ensure transparency and governance of data and financial results at the appropriate level in the organization.
- Solid understanding of Tax and Treasury operations to ensure necessary diligence
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Quazi Khaled at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1399 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.