Job #1397: Controller - Dallas, TX (4-28-20)
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The controller is a newly created position, and the individual selected will have a unique opportunity to contribute to our firm’s growth by providing dedicated support to our investment teams and Managing Partners. The controller will report to our Managing Partners and work with other investment team members to lead the firm’s financial operations.
ABOUT LATTICEWORK CAPITAL:
Headquartered in Dallas, Latticework is a growth oriented private equity firm focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. The firm is currently managing approximately $140 million of capital and is investing out of LCM Healthcare Fund I, LP, its $120 million dedicated institutional healthcare fund. LCM focuses on acquiring companies with less than $10 million in EBITDA and accelerating growth through the execution of “buy-and-build” consolidation strategies with the goal of at least tripling
the size of the business in a three to five-year period.
The LCM team consists of seasoned investment professionals with over 50 years of healthcare private equity experience and has invested more than $1.5 billion of equity capital. The firm is building out its investment team with the goal to raise a second healthcare fund in 2021 with a target AUM of $250 million to $300 million. Additionally, LCM intends to raise a credit focused fund in 2021/2022. This position provides the opportunity to join on the ground floor of a growing investment platform.
- Manage and review accounting, financial reporting, portfolio company invoices, fund administration, partnership allocations, waterfall calculations, and tax considerations for the private equity fund, management company, and related general partner entities
- Manage payroll, benefits, 401k plan administration, and onboarding of new employees
- Handle cash management and expenses for the management company, fund, GP and other investment entities
- Manage administration of the carried interest program for the Latticework team and general partners, which involves maintaining vesting schedules, grant documentation, distribution processing, and tax considerations
- Coordinate and review tax returns, K-1s, and investor tax communications
- Manage state registrations.
- Serve as a key contact for third-party service providers (fund administrator, auditors, tax preparers, valuation service providers, bank relationships, compliance, etc.)
- Serve as a key contact for the Small Business Administration (SBA) and support the Managing Partners to manage requests and oversight – Please note LCM Healthcare Fund I is an unleveraged SBIC fund. We intend to have multiple funds going forward including traditional funds and leveraged SBIC funds.
- Provide timely investor support (re: financial statements, status of portfolio companies, tax questions, capital calls, distributions, investment opt-in notices)
- Ensure investor contact information remains accurate and up to date within the CRM system
- Support investor onboarding, form coordination and tracking, and investor portal maintenance
- Serve as a knowledge source for partnership agreement requirements
- Serve as an active participant and share big ideas in firm-wide discussions
education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance or accounting, required
- CPA preferred
- At least 5+ years of experience consistent with this type of position in a similar environment, preferably with a private equity firm
- Exposure to partnership accounting and tax compliance is preferred
- Experience working in the details while also being responsible for high-level outcomes
candidate attributes and skills:
- Humble, energetic, and positive can-do approach; an individual that is highly driven, maintains strong attention to detail and is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and do the work in a rapidly growing business
- Keen judgment and multi-focal intelligence; a person who has a quick and thorough grasp of salient issues and can make evaluations, recommendations, and decisions in alignment with the firm’s vision, strategy, and culture
- Broad worldview; someone who views the world in a holistic manner and understands, respects, synthesizes, and integrates many points of view
- Emotional stability; a resilient hard worker who can excel in an atmosphere with high expectations
- Accountability, ownership, and integrity; an individual who knows that the quality of her/his work and relationships defines her/his personal brand
- Sophistication in communications, interpersonal relations, and diplomacy; an effective verbal and written communicator who executes with precision at all levels, both internally and externally, and is conscious of the importance of effectively supporting both internal and external customers
- Passionate, collaborative team player; a person who will create value for others and position teammates for success
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Kyle Bradford at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1397 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.