Job #1372: Vice President of Fund Accounting - New York, NY (3-5-20)
Job TitleVice President of Fund Accounting
The vice president will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our Private Equity clients. Vice presidents should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity, proven client management skills, and the ability to manage and lead a team in monitoring client deliverables and meeting deadlines. Additionally, the vice president is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions.
- Manage multiple fund relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
- Maintain/manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with staff
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity funds
- Participate in new business discussions with prospects and existing clients
- Prepare and maintain goals and career development plans for all direct reports
- Prepare semiannual performance appraisals and discussions for all direct reports
- Provide guidance and direction to staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Review management fee calculations, including offsetable amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Review investor allocations and capital account statements
- Review capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms Prepare and/or review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Develop/maintain robust review procedures around deliverables
- Manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the client and auditors
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Help develop and support targeted, continuing education for all direct reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to William Fine at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1372 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.