Job #1370: Chief Financial Officer - Philadelphia, PA (3-5-20)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
Houwzer is a next-generation real estate brokerage and home services company built around the customer. Their full-service, salaried agents and loan officers help homeowners save when they sell and trust when they buy. Houwzer’s proprietary technology is an end-to-end platform that streamlines the entire transaction from beginning to end with an integrated one-stop shopping experience. The company employs seller and buyer agent specialists, who receive salaries instead of commissions, allowing them to focus on service, not just sales. Houwzer has maintained an industry-leading Net Promoter Score of 79.4 and an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from hundreds of client reviews online. Since launching in 2015, Houwzer has saved home sellers in the Mid-Atlantic region millions and helped clients buy or sell thousands of homes worth hundreds of millions.
The business has tremendous traction including the following highlights:
- Doubling revenues year over year since inception.
- Successful launch of two markets, achieving regional profitability, with a third launch underway and a fourth launch later this year.
- Achieving best in class attachment rates on mortgage and title services.
- Sustained continuous media coverage in Forbes, The Washington Post, Inman and the Philadelphia and Washington Business Journals.
- And just closed a Series A round of funding to fuel growth (announcement on Crunchbase ).
As a member of the Executive Team, the CFO will be responsible for all areas related to accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financing, and tax reporting. Equally important, this individual will be responsible for analysis and input on the strategic priorities and pacing of the company and guiding all business functions to continually improve
What Will be Expected of You:
- Develop and implement financial disciplines across the organization, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Further develop, manage, and analyze a set of KPIs that are critical to business success, while creating accountability throughout the organization for each KPI.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly financial reporting package and provide analytical context for management consumption including in-depth analyses as needed.
- Drive planning and forecasting processes to completion.
- Support the marketing, sales and operations planning process through active engagement in developing forecast updating, monitoring and reporting business risks and opportunities, and preparing executive reports.
- Provide expert counsel to CEO and Board on matters related to business performance and venture capital fund-raising and M&A support.
- Mentor and manage the Director of Finance and external accountants. Drive the evolution of the finance team to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A proven leader who knows how to translate financial reports, KPIs, and data analytics into business success.
- A successful track record of leading a team in a business with tech-enabled services or heavy transaction business models.
- Understands what it takes to be successful working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment at a senior management level of responsibility. Ideally, this person has worked with VC investors and managed Board reporting and communications.
- Extensive experience managing equity and debt financings and, ideally, experience navigating a company to a successful exit.
- Marries solid accounting/reporting stewardship with heavy operational orientation.
- Ability to proactively generate innovative ideas and lead process improvements.
- Be comfortable rolling up sleeves as well as managing a small finance group.
- Strong financial modeling, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and do what is necessary to get the job done correctly and in a timely manner.
- CPA designation a plus.
- Motivated team player with desire to grow a successful company and develop staff.
- Excellent group presentation and interpersonal skills, with an ability to write and speak succinctly.
- Energetic, dynamic, passionate, assertive, and tenacious.
- Personal flair and influence; inspires others to action.
- Medical coverage with a $320 contribution to the Houwzer plan of your choice.
- $10,000 in life insurance.
- Option to buy into vision, dental, short-term disability, and supplemental life insurance at group rates.
- Retirement savings account through Guideline.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for transportation and parking.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy (no maximum on the number of days off) and eight observed holidays.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Houwzer, we have set out to become the best real estate company in, and for, the world. To be the best, it's crucial we have a variety of perspectives and approaches, which means we are building a team inclusive of different races, genders, ages, religions, identities, and experiences. Come join us. We'd love to have you.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Kyrstal Eason at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1370 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.