Job #1361: Chief Financial Officer - New York, NY (2-12-20)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
Factor is the leader in next-generation solutions for complex legal work at scale. Clients turn to us for real solutions to real problems, ranging from one-off regulatory projects to long-term managed services. Factor leverages modernized processes, smart resourcing constructs, and the best of legal technology to help clients overcome the limitations of the traditional in-house and law firm models.
We are comprised of nearly 500 lawyers, legal specialists, technologists, and process consultants across Europe and North America, and we’re growing! Join us!
As a newly-spun company that is now charting our own course, we are thrilled to embark on an exciting journey, and we’re looking for a leader to help us design, implement, and run our finance function.
We’re looking our first ever Chief Financial Officer to join us in New York. As a member of our team, you’ll be responsible for designing and building a Finance function at a newly-formed organization. You’ll bring structure to ambiguity, best practices to old habits, and hopefully a sense of humor to unexpected challenges. You’re operational and strategic, which means you’ll evolve as we do. We’ll rely on you to bring best practices and continually raise the bar while maintaining a relentless people-focus and dedication to our clients.
We’re looking for a business-savvy leader with a track record of airtight results who will build and run the function as we transition into our new phase of growth. This will include assessing current practices, implementing new processes, managing through potential systems migrations, and building a lean, well-oiled, modern operation.
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll work cross-functionally with IT, ERP, HR, Sales, Delivery, and our Finance team members to accomplish the above. If you join us, you’ll have the support you need to take this journey. The Factor team is full of people who are savvy, innovative, passionate, smart, creative, diligent, and occasionally hilarious, and they’ll be with you every step of the way.
If you believe in being a team player, can collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical audiences while bringing a results-driven, focused, high energy, confident, curious, quirky, and most of all fun sense of self, then this is the place for you.
- Design and build Factor’s Finance & Accounting function, including identifying the right people for the right roles and a process that suits our high-growth needs
- Play a leadership role in our organization and understand the key aspects of our unique business model; understand performance beyond just the numbers; be an advisor and support our current performance as well as long-term strategic plans
- Ensure that company financial records & reports are maintained in compliance with company policies; Prepare financial statements, forecasts, account reconciliations & other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Direct and oversee Factor’s financial growth and health; manage risk, present financial analysis and prepare, financial reporting
- Review and improve key processes and implement news ones
- Develop relationships across the organization; you’ll need to understand the needs of each function in order to be successful; install processes and controls without negatively impacting a strong growth culture
- Work cross-functionally with IT and Business teams to ensure that the systems of the company meet the needs of today and the future
- Manage the Accounting function (including AR, AP and Cash Application) and resolve daily Accounting queries
- Prepare and present monthly financial statement to management
- Coordinate work relating to external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records
You are adaptable, authentic, accountable, and values-driven. You’re a team player who exhibits personal leadership and leaves things better than you found them. We’re looking for someone who always gives their best and inspires others to do the same. This role requires a strong technical approach and business acumen beyond simply finance alone, not to mention a high EQ and a heart that inspires teams. It’s no small task! Are you up for it?
In addition to the above, here are the desired skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this role:
- 15+ years of Finance & Accounting experience, ideally in a professional services company or consulting environment; at least 8 of these years should be in a senior leadership role
- A proven track record or continuous improvement and a desire to bring best practices to a rapidly changing environment
- A global view shaped by previous experience working across multiple countries and jurisdictions; the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Depth in process and change management
- Experience structuring managed services deals and inputting into / writing appropriate sections of key managed services contracts or the ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of our business
- A detailed understanding of US GAAP, the transition to IFRS15 and how that impacts existing and new long-term contracts
- Intrinsic motivation and a passion for creating a world-class finance & accounting function
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 25%
- Experience in professional services, consulting, or legal; even better if you have experience in high-growth companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting; Master’s Degree a plus
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Katherine Hagman at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1361 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.