Job #1346: Staff Accountant - New York, NY (1-21-20)
Job TitleStaff Accountant
SalaryDependent upon Experience
Founded in 2005, Blue Wolf Capital Partners is a private equity firm specializing in control investments in middle market companies. Blue Wolf has steadily grown and built a team of experienced professionals committed to excellence in transforming companies strategically, operationally, and collaboratively. Blue Wolf is known for taking on challenging situations and complex relationships between business, customers, employees, unions, and regulators to generate superior returns and build value for key stakeholders. Blue Wolf works with its portfolio companies to create value and generate growth for the organization, its employee and the communities in which they operate.
The position is based at the company headquarters in Lower Manhattan, New York, NY.
- Database and records maintenance, including data entry and filing, managing QuickBooks entries/reports, and related activities
- Prepare and process all Management Company journal entries
- Responsible for payment of vendors’ invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- Process checks on a regular basis for payment and ensure that all ACH, wire, and related payment entries are completed and recorded on a timely basis
- Prepare, complete, and process accounts payable related journal entries as needed
- Prepare monthly cash management/reconciliations
- Assist Controller in preparing monthly and quarterly Management Company financial statements
- Assist Controller in managing the external audit and tax reporting process
- Assist Controller in reviewing Funds’ quarterly/annual reports, workpapers, financial statements
- Provide administrative support including preparation of spreadsheets.
Seeking candidates who are highly motivated, organized, have strong attention to details, deadlines-oriented and intelligent. We are specifically targeting candidates who have around 2-3 years of relevant accounting related experience. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA designation a plus)
- QuickBooks experience preferred
- A desire to work in a team environment often under pressure, able to manage several processes and projects at one time.
- Excellent computer skills and a demonstrated comfort with technology, Microsoft Office Suit (Word, Excel) advanced proficiency
- Excellent and thoughtful verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Desire to contribute wherever support is necessary
- Desire to learn and grow with our company - to put in the time, focus and effort necessary to advance to the next level of their career
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Marina Suhanitski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1346 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.