Job #1336: Chief Financial Officer - Multiple Locations (1-3-20)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
A Biotech company is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Chief Financial Officer.
Biotech or Pharma Industry experience as a CFO or I-Banker is required.
- Prepares quarterly and annual financial reports, manages accounting and auditing of the books, works with finance director to prepare operating budget and aligns budget with scope of work; and provides quarterly updates of capitalization table Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; working with CEO to maintain relationships with the investment community (bankers and analysts).
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Ensures SEC reporting, report to CEO
- Develops and implements Landos’ financial goals
- Oversees the investment of funds and manages associated risks
- Work with finance director to supervise cash management activities and develops reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Work closely with CEO to execute capital-raising strategies to support Landos’ expansion
- Advises CEO on business development and strategic planning
- Work with Finance Director to prepare monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analysis
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs, and increased revenues
- Ensure underlying accounting records are accurate, complete and in accordance with GAAP Prepare public company audit before IPO
- Works with controller and finance director to support month-end and year-end close process
- Coordinate the preparation quarterly and annual filings (forms 10K and 10Q)
- Review monthly operating reports for accuracy, completeness and major variances between actual and budget results
- Approve monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly and annual fair value reports
- Prepare summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook
- Ensures compliance with tax reporting requirements
- Recommend and manage the relationship with outside financial consultants
- Any other tasks identified by the President and CEO
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Lisa Gootman at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1336 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.