Job #1333: Controller - Multiple Locations (1-3-20)
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
This is a newly created role and will be instrumental in building accounting/financial processes. This person should be a well rounded accounting leader with the ability to be hands-on, drive change, and suggest/execute on process improvement. This person will lead the accounting functions and play a primary role in finance functions for a real estate development company. Position can be located in Reno, NV or Sacramento, CA.
- The Controller will play an active role in establishing and implementing company-wide accounting policies and
procedures as we continue to scale.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all functions within the department including the design of an organizational
structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Supervise employees and contracted services performing financial reporting, accounting, accounts payable, accounts
payable, and general ledger.
- Perform monthly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, GL reconciliations, cash management, and ad hoc
project reporting. Ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports
- Manage intracompany and intercompany accounts and eliminations for corporate and member/manager entities.
- Manage job costing/accounting dimensions for development activities.
- Supervise or perform essential real estate development accounting activities including job costing/uses by sources,
draw track & reconciliations, and development cash management.
- Assists in due diligence reviews of proposed affiliations, mergers and acquisitions, and completes special projects as
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately and appropriately in the general ledger.
- Ensure that all accounts payable are paid accurately and timely and discounts are taken.
- Ensure that accounts receivables are billed and collected promptly
- Ensure that payroll follows internal process and is submitted according to established guidelines
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Ensuring item costs in inventory are accurate Reporting
- Issue timely and complete financial statements including comparisons to budget and prior year
- Calculate bank covenant requirements and adhere to bank reporting deadline
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate development
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP
- Project management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret loan documents and operating agreements
- Computer literate in Macintosh or Windows applications, Microsoft Office programs, and QuickBooks. AppFolio
experience a plus.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1333 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.