Job #1325: Property Accountant - New York, NY (12-10-19)
Job TitleProperty Accountant
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Job Overview and Description:
Looking for enthusiastic strong self-solver to join one of the fastest growing property management organization in the New York metropolitan area to oversee a portfolio of properties consisting of mixed use residential, COOP, Condo and Commercial assets. Individual will be responsible for financial accuracy and reporting by analyzing financial data, providing feedback, and addressing asset performance with property managers and clients.
- Complete month-end closings in a timely manner and produced accurate and quality financial reports. (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash flow Statement, etc. in Accrual and Cash basis)
- Prepare Annual Budgets; Review and generated budget variance reports and explanation narratives
- Review and prepare capitalized expenditure, property tax, insurance, and accrued operating expenses schedules to support income statement and balance sheets accounts
- Prepare yearly and monthly update of Fixed Assets and intangible schedules including depreciation and amortization
- Complete Bank/Escrow/Mortgage Reconciliations
- Review and record Acquisition/Disposition Transactions
- Monitor accounts receivable activity
- Assist with year-end activities and collaborate with external Auditors and Tax Accountant
- Perform and complete special adhoc projects
- 3 years Accounting Experience (preferably in Real estate/Property management)
- BA in Accounting/ Finance or alike.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and communication (Oral and Written) skills
- Decision maker and ability to work independently; a problem solver
- Real Estate Industry Experience (Exposure to Residential, COOP, Condo and or Commercial full cycle Accounting)
- CPA/Public Accounting Experience
- Yardi Voyager, Advanced Excel
For immediate consideration, please apply at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1643014576/?pathWildcard=1643014576&trk=mcm Do not forget to mention you are a Friends of the Firm member.