Job #1322: Chief Executive Officer - Glendale, CA (12-10-19)
Job TitleChief Executive Officer
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
BioIDC Inc. is an early stage company, committed to bringing its Software as a Service (SaaS) to the clinical trials market that has a well-known, but not well addressed problem. The company is primed and ready to confirm client commitments (some discussions already initiated), as well as engage and manage the formal business launch, while continuing and expanding product development.
The Founder and leader of BioIDC is Dr. El-Harazi, an internationally recognized clinician, surgeon, researcher and educator. He is the Founder and Medical Director of Lugene Eye Institute, a multi-subspecialty group practice in Ophthalmology located in Glendale, CA. He is also the Founder of Global Research Management.
Dr. El-Harazi received a Bachelor of Science as well as his Medical degree from the University of Alexandria, Egypt. He completed his Ophthalmology Residency, a Comprehensive Clinical Fellowship as well as Research Fellowship at the University of Texas-Houston. He later received a Master of Public Health from the University of Texas-Houston.
Aside from being a practicing ophthalmologist, he serves as a clinical mentor for the Glendale Adventist Family Practice Residency Program, where he enjoyed teaching their residents for the last 20 years.
Dr. El-Harazi has an extensive research experience. He authored or co-authored numerous journal articles, abstracts and book chapters. He participated as a principal investigator in nearly 100 clinical trials and research projects involving the development of new drugs.
The CEO should be capable as the leader and the “face” of the company, in terms of gaining confidence and interest in the business, the business model, and the proprietary software, to both scale the business, by engaging the life sciences organizations to capitalize on this highly valuable technology, and raise the capital to support this growth .
To be engaged early in this business, partnering with the Founder, integrating the software technology in the life sciences and medical world to positively impact research and development by improving the integrity of clinical trials. To work with purpose, well beyond just selling a SaaS product, to truly make a difference for the wellbeing of humans and communities. To create corporate value for the stakeholders, the founding and subsequent investors and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clear ability and passion for sharing the story of, value and benefits from BioIDC software technology to engage clients as Leader Launch Partners.
- Take the lead, working closely with the Founder, Business Advisor and team to refine and adapt both the business plan and the presentation to potential investors.
- Identify the projected and most likely initial clients, and research their business, leaders and decision makers, and create new and further develop already initiated relationships.
- By virtue of client engagement, initiate a proactive plan for sustainable growth, through recurring revenues, continuing business development, and financial management.
- Ability to raise capital, in the range of $20 million, to provide a solid foundation alongside client revenues, and the Founders initial investment of resources and capital
- Learn quickly the value and impact, as well as the process of the software’s integration in to the technology and process used by the clients, and be prepared with answers for any and all key questions to come.
- Align with and ensure the development team will be prepared to have the beta version of the software complete on time, ready for the official business launched with confirmed clients.
- Lead the continuing and expanding of product development and management, prior to, during launch to bringing the product to market, and subsequent, especially as pertaining to software technology in the life sciences industry. Ensure all contracts are accurate, understood and properly executed.
- Recognize and/or become aware of all government and regulatory agencies, approvals, rules, etc. to maximize progress and growth, and minimize surprises and delays.
- Ability to engage with investors, Board, media, and at conferences, events, etc.
- Qualifications and skillsets to partner and effectively work together with Founder(s) and Board, Business Advisor and selected Consultants, to both launch and scale/grow the business.
- Compensation package to include competitive base, bonuses, benefits and equity, with intent to customize as fair and best as possible to the individual.
- Looking for the “best athlete” who sees the significant industry opportunity and has the passion and savvy to capitalize for and participate in its’ success. Prefer local SoCal candidate.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCES:
- Direct, collaborative approach and leadership style. Intellectually demanding.
- Commitment to culture of active listening, trust and respect of expertise, and decision making.
- Strong business person, including leadership experiences initiating a startup business, client business development, capital raise, as well as in product development.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred. MBA a plus though not required. People management or 10+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experiences.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret generally accepted accounting principles, common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; to respond to common inquiries from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community; to effectively develop and deliver appropriate presentations to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to build strong relationships across functions and companies in order to become a trusted partner to other colleagues and external other entities; to effectively manage and prioritize a large workload, and get longer-term projects done while also handling day-to-day tasks as needed. Experienced with technology for financials, presentations, etc.
Interested candidates should send resumes to Mark Sadovnick at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1322 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.