Job #1309: Accounting Manager - Princeton, NJ (11-19-19)
Job TitleAccounting Manager
Salary$90,000 - $130,000
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all internal and external financial reporting. Responsible for the preparation and reporting of consolidated financial results and the establishment of timelines and accountability for all accounting activities. The individual will interface with the external auditors and prepare quarterly financial statements, annual audited financial statements and footnotes and the information required for the filing of periodic SEC documents and Registration Statements as they arise. Candidate will have a working knowledge of current SEC filings, GAAP, FASB and SOX standards/compliance. The individual will participate in the periodic budgeting and planning process through the preparation of consolidated balance sheet, income statement, cash flow forecasts, and departmental and program activity to be reviewed by management and Board approval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Custodian of the Company’s finance and accounting records including related contracts, agreements, leases and other documents to support both internal and external financial reporting and accountability.
- Primary interface with external auditors and responsible for preparing all required financial reports and supporting schedules required for quarterly reviews and annual audit(s). Responsible for the timely filing of all required SEC filings, including XBRL and registration statements as needed.
- Support the development and preparation of business operating plan and budget.
- Develop, implement and guide the cash flow process across the business including daily cash monitoring and capital expenditure plans.
- Assist in the creation, structuring and implementation of transactions with specific focus on accounting issues. Interpret results and make recommendations.
- Treasury and Accounts Payable maintenance and supervision.
- Sarbanes Oxley / Internal Control Compliance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key vendors and business partners related to accounting and financial services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Periodic Regulatory Government Filings
- Taxes (Income, Franchise, GST/VAT)
- Purchasing administration
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (degree, license, certification):
- Certified Public Accountant (current license)
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Finance
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years of progressive accounting and financial experience required, including:
- Experience in internal/external financial reporting and analysis
- Experience with reporting requirements and software packages, such as Microsoft Dynamics, are a significant plus.
- Knowledge of GAAP, FASB and SOX required
- Experience in all required SEC filings
- Exposure to implementing process and system(s) improvements
- Life Sciences experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive timelines.
- Knowledge of automated financial/accounting systems, experience with Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Great Plains) accounting system a plus.
- Ability to operate independently and at a high level of productivity.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to interact with non-financial staff members.
- Strong goal and results orientation.
- Open and honest communication required.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include Job #1308 in the subject line.