Job #1307: Controller - Mt. Laurel, NJ (11-19-19)
Salary$75,000 - $90,000
Ceteris Portfolio Services, an accounts receivable management and debt collection agency, is seeking a Financial Controller/Certified Public Accountant (CPA) that works autonomously to support the entire management team. The Controller establishes and maintains accurate financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and IRS Code. The role requires being flexible and adaptive to a fast-paced, high growth environment while demonstrating initiative and accountability.
Primary Job Functions:
- Responsible for planning financial audits that test internal controls and the accuracy and reliability of financial reporting systems.
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements on a monthly basis, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows statements.
- Prepares reconciliations, work papers and analysis for assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts to ensure the balances are correct/reasonable.
- Prepares tax return schedules, surveys, reports and/or other government/agencies filings as assigned. Serves as a resource for operations finance and other associates regarding the IRS.
- Documents business transactions.
- Prepares, posts, interprets and analyzes financial information into general ledger journal entries.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports, including month end expense analysis.
- Researches balance sheet items and income/expense fluctuations utilizing various systems and information sources.
- Executes ad hoc projects as assigned by executive team.
- Assists in due diligence reviews of proposed affiliations, mergers and acquisitions, and completes special projects as assigned.
- Provide technical accounting, financial, operational, information technology, policy and compliance audit.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Develops pricing models to ensure profitable transactions.
- Provides front-line, on-going financial consultation to executive team in areas including cost & pricing computations, profit analysis, compliance and budgeting.
- Consults with executive management team to create practical, profitable long-term financial solutions.
- Builds strong relationships with their team in order to optimize financial results and accurately manage budgets and accounting systems.
- Performs month-end close activities related to sales and margin, including root cause identification, variance analysis and reporting.
- Serves as a change management advocate performing ad hoc financial analysis to drive financial results.
- May be required to perform other related duties as needed by executive team.
skills and requirements:
- Advanced experience using QuickBooks to download bank transactions and categorize expenses providing accurate financial reports.
- Expertise in Excel and Access and other business analysis and reporting tools.
- Inventory control.
- Establish internal control, processes and procedures.
- Proactive, solution-oriented approach to all tasks.
- Superior budgeting, cost control, and employee management skills.
- Comfort in advising and interacting with senior executives and business leaders.
- Expert level knowledge and experience on Corporate and individual tax returns.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
- Find creative solutions to complex business issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures and their application.
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP.
- Project management skills.
- Communicating audit results/deficiencies in constructive fashion, coming up with action plans to solve problems.
- CPA is highly preferred.
- ARM, 3rd Party Collection industry experience, highly desired.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- In current standing with all state licensing requirements.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to David Aglira at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1307 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.