Job #1306: Controller - Edison, NJ (11-19-19)
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
This is a newly created highly responsible management position reporting to the VP of Finance and will assist in the day to day operations of the department. The Controller position is accountable to manage the finance and accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintains and documentsaccounting policies and procedures · Evaluate internal accounting controls and maintain system of control over all accounting transactions.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing and accounts payable.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all functions within the department including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports to ensure management has complete visibility
- Coordination of the annual budget process and production of budgets with full detail for management approval.
- Research and identify costreduction opportunities across all company expenses.
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately and appropriately in the general ledger.
- Ensure that all accounts payable are paid accurately and timely and discounts are taken.
- Ensure that accounts receivables are billed and collected promptly
- Ensure that payroll follows internal process and is submitted according to established guidelines
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Ensuring item costs in inventory are accurate Reporting
- Issue timely and complete financial statements including comparisons to budget and prior year
- Calculate bank covenant requirements and adhere to bank reporting deadline
- Coordinate the preparation ofthe corporate annual audited financial report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- 40-50 hours per week
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is a must (audit or advisory)
- MBA preferred
- Must have a minimum of 7 – 10 years of accounting experience in growing responsibility
- Big Four or high quality (reputation) experienceis a must
- M & A experience preferred
- Expert level knowledge of Excel.
- Strong managerial & interpersonal communication abilities.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Nadine Cedro at NCedro@Ashleyne.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1306 in the subject line and to copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.