Job #1300: Controller - Edison, NJ (11-7-19)
Company is a sales and distribution office of a Global manufacturer with our HQ in Switzerland and offices worldwide. This position will be responsible for day-to-day accounting and finance duties of our Edison, NJ office, including but not limited to month end closing, financial reporting, financial analysis, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, as well as payroll and some HR duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Work in accordance with all company policies and procedures regarding employment, safety, quality, safety and legality, security, and regulatory compliance as applicable.
- Oversee daily accounting activities, journal entries, accruals and month end closing
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations along with review of cost center expenses
- Manage capital expenditures and fixed assets
- Prepare cash flow forecasts, and monitor cash flow
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against rolling forecast. Identify and communicate cost reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate the annual review with outside accounting firm
- Perform all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable duties
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and company policies
- Prepare monthly management reporting package
- Perform inventory, cash flow and other ad hoc analysis
- Review financial results, identify variances and make recommendations
- Support quarterly forecast process
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of SAP.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, especially Excel (VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, etc.)
- Must be thorough and highly accurate, detailed and well organized
- Sense of urgency, meets deadlines, results oriented
- Must be hands-on
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel locally and internationally as needed
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to motivate, influence, and persuade across all levels of the organization
Education and Experience:
- BS in Accounting degree
- CPA/MBA preferred by not required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Ken Bellero at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1298 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.