Job #1295: Head of Operations - Lakewood, NJ (11-1-19)
Job TitleHead of Operations
The Director, Operations is responsible for ensuring that the Company attains its growth and profit Goals and KPIs. Oversees key areas of the manufacturing/supply chain process to ensure high-quality goods and services are provided to our customers on time and within cost objectives. Drives operational efficiencies and cost effectiveness that optimize our people, processes, systems and quality of our products to delight our customers, elevate the organization’s mission and objectives, while exceeding revenue targets and controlling operational costs. Manages a US team, as well as, closely coordinating with our global teams and suppliers.
Provides direct oversight of the Purchasing, Planning, Logistics, Supply Chain, Quality and Warehouse functions, ensuring these departments operate smoothly and are on track to meet the company's Goals/KPIs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Provides strategic direction and daily tactical support for the organization’s supply chain operations and manufacturing processes – this includes RFQs, planning, procurement, logistics and warehousing of materials, inventory control and distribution of high-quality finished goods.
- Ensures accuracy and monitoring of demand forecasts and buying practices and regulating inventory levels accordingly (SIOP).
- Troubleshoots issues that can affect the supply chain; quickly applies best practices to respond to business challenges.
- Develops, coordinates and directs activities to ensure that effective procedures, processes, controls, initiatives, methods and practices are in place that create higher ROI, work flow optimization, productivity and efficiencies while attaining growth and profit objectives throughout the company’s operations.
- Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality and operational efficiency.
- Monitors sales forecasts to identify any effect on the supply chain, implementing waste reduction strategies and improving the efficiency of the overall supply chain.
- Develops strong vendor relationships in the Americas and negotiates with suppliers to minimize costs and ensures processes are in place to track vendor performance.
- Creates KPIs to measure business efficiencies, quality and process improvements.
- Supports the sourcing of cost-effective and high-quality suppliers.
- Ensures the team contributes to our vision, mission, values, and strategic goals.
- Leads, guides, directs, coaches and evaluates the work of the team.
- Introduces improvements in relation to productivity and quality gains and the effective utilization of resources.
- Promotes and embeds LEAN/Six Sigma concepts and mindset.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations, supply chain management, or other related field. Master’s in supply chain management or MBA desirable.
- 10+years of Operations experience at manufacturing companies of equivalent or greater size and complexity
- 5 years of management experience
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, forecasting, and analyzing data and financial information required.
- Demonstrated results in driving best practices, improving productivity and profitability throughout operations with leading-edge management practices, innovative use of technology, cost reduction tactics and good investment decisions.
- Experience in LEAN methodologies are essential.
- The ability to manage people, build teams and communicate effectively.
- Track-record of success in motivating, inspiring, leading, coaching and developing teams.
- Experience driving significant cultural change and adoption of best practices
- Demonstrated experience with establishing warehousing and distribution operations from the ground up, coordinating facilities/warehouse consolidations, moves and/or openings, footprint analysis, transportation, logistics and international supply chain, 3PL, freight forwarder, warehouse automation, productivity improvement, warehouse management systems implementation, etc.
- Demonstrated experience rebuilding teams
- Must be open to possible relocation (possibly - Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia) after a year
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Depth with global Distribution and Supply Chain best practices
- Has a sense of urgency and desire to make things happen
- Enjoys meaningful work, analyzing and solving complex problems, making sound decisions and seeing the impact of their results
- Has a passion for operations and high energy to accomplish goals fast and with precision
- Able to work with all styles and effectively collaborate with others.
- Strong communication skills
- Curious, critical thinker who pays attention to details, is insightful and creative to form unique strategies that work.
- Ability to extract, compile and analyze large volumes of data on a regular basis required.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
Note: This job description is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Ann Behringer at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1295 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.