Job #1294: Head of Finance - New York, NY (11-1-19)
Job TitleHead of Finance
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
MikMak is looking for a proven Finance leader to support our company’s rapid growth from a strategic and operational perspective. Spanning a wide range of functional responsibilities including full ownership of the company’s financial model and metrics, this person will play a key role in setting MikMak’s strategic direction and investment strategy. This position will be based in MikMak's New York office.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO and MikMak’s leadership across departments
- Own the company’s financial model; refresh on a periodic basis, and develop the annual Operating Budget that is submitted for board approval
- Create quarterly board materials in collaboration with the CEO
- Manage outside Accounting and Tax vendors to deliver monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and tax filings on time
- Maintain order-to-cash, AR and AP processes, and ensure they scale with the business
- Own investor relations, including cap table management, routine and ad hoc investor communications, and leadership in future financing efforts
- Oversee MikMak’s contracting processes, including managing external counsel relationships; develop and execute plans for Legal to scale with the business
- Negotiate, execute and track contracts with vendors
- Oversee capacity planning, and negotiate future real estate moves in NY and elsewhere
- Manage and help scale Revenue Operations, working closely with Marketing, Sales and Customer Success leadership. Revenue Operations responsibilities will include sales analytics, pricing / deal desk support, CRM and marketing/sales automation
- Ensure reliable systems and procedures are in place around major investments (eg, technology, third party software).
- Work closely with leadership to develop annual sales commissions and management incentive plans that support desired behaviors
- Work with MikMak’s leadership team to analyze business trends, competitive landscape, pricing, etc., in conjunction with the strategies for the business
- Take on additional ad hoc projects and responsibilities, as determined by the needs of the organization
Who you are:
- Finance or operations leadership experience, particularly in a SaaS environment; familiarity with the SaaS P&L and key metrics such as MRR, CAC/LTV and Net Dollar Retention. Past experience in banking, consulting, accounting or B2B finance.
- Excellent analytical skills, supported by strong communication skills - bringing data and insights to help your peers make the best decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable working collaboratively across departments and fielding difficult questions
- Experience leading teams with a wide range of skillsets
- Demonstrated judgment and ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters effectively
- Eager to contribute to a rapidly growing start-up environment
- NYC based or ready to relocate to the best city on Earth
- Cash + Equity
- Health Insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Mobile phone stipend
- Free lunch at least once a week + fully-stocked office pantry
- Unlimited vacation with the office always shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Yearly stipend to take a class that enriches your life outside of work
Who we are:
MikMak’s mission is to build the next generation eCommerce platform for brands that are sold everywhere. Today, MikMak allows brands to make all of their digital and social media shoppable. Whether you’re a brand that sells via major eRetailers like Amazon, Target and Walmart or a brand that cares about your owned eCommerce website, we have solutions for you. With MikMak, brands capture valuable retailer data; improved media channel, creative and influencer performance; and build qualified shopper audiences.
MikMak's Founder & CEO is Rachel Tipograph, the former Global Director of Digital & Social Media at Gap. Rachel has been recognized as a leading innovator across the globe, including Forbes' “30 under 30 Who Are Changing The World”, Marie Claire's "50 Most Influential Women in America," and Fast Company's "Most Creative People in Business."
MikMak's investors include VaynerMedia, Luminari Capital, SLOW Ventures, UTA Ventures, Brave Ventures, Jeff Zucker and Christina Aguilera.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Seth Bressack at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1294 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.