Job #1281: Property Accounting Manager - Philadelphia, PA (10-14-19)
Job TitleProperty Accounting Manager
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
The individual will be responsible for managing the property accounting function for a portfolio of Class A Office Properties comprised of approximately 13 million square feet. The accounting manager will lead a cohesive team of property accounting personnel that work in conjunction with property and asset management teams. The position is responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the property accounting general ledgers as well as oversight for the preparation of periodic mortgage loan compliance reporting and construction / capital loan draw requests. The accounting manager will manage the monthly accounting close and reporting deadlines. The position will also be responsible for the oversight of accounts payable and the accounting assistant roles. The accounting manager will monitor accounting activity to assure that corporate fiscal policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Take ownership of the operational financial results for each property assigned to their portfolio through close coordination with property and asset management teams;
- Develop a property accounting team approach that accepts responsibility for all accounting issues;
- Manage a team of dedicated property accounting personnel (property accountants, accounts payable and accounting assistant) that provide internal and external property accounting support;
- Manage the monthly / quarterly accounting close, reporting and lender reporting deadlines;
- Review and approve accountants detailed support schedules for balance sheet, operating statement reconciliations/analysis and bank reconciliations;
- Preparation and analysis of monthly/quarterly property financial reporting and variance analysis;
- Prepare / review journal entries for property acquisitions / dispositions;
- Setup acquisition properties in MRI and AVID, including subledger and cash mapping;
- Oversight of annual Form 1099 generation and IRS submission;
- Manage property accounting audit function with lease administration and property management by reviewing lease billing information ensuring accuracy of tenant charges and timeliness of the distribution of monthly rent invoices;
- Review construction project activity, including but not limited to tenant build-out and leasing commission costs;
- Integrate into the monthly close process each accountant’s preparation of periodic loan draw packages for properties that have additional funding related to future capital investments;
- Oversight of annual audits, reviews and tax preparation with outside accounting firms;
- Assist with annual property budgets and tenant recovery true-up billings, as required; and
- Assist the Chief Accounting Officer on special project assignments.
- BS in Accounting required with seven years of property accounting experience within the commercial real estate industry, (CPA a plus, but not required);
- Prior management experience in a similar role;
- Candidate must have strong communication skills, be a team player and demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with staff, property managers and executives;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Strong property general ledger and tenant recovery calculations knowledge;
- Thorough working knowledge of real estate and accounting systems, preferably, MRI and AVID;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, must possess creative, inquisitive and strong problem-solving skills; and
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Deborah Cheek at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1281 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.