Job #1280: Chief Financial Officer - Los Angeles, CA (10-14-19)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
- Perform monthly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, GL reconciliations, cash management, and project reporting as needed.
- Report to lender and investor partners per agreements • Prepare accurate reports for the President as requested • Assist with annual preparation of budgets as needed • Assist as needed with asset management and financing applications • Supervise and participate as needed with accounting staff for functions such as billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and others.
- Provide overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting, financial audit support, financial analyses • Participate in the development and modification of accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices, as necessary • Ensure accounting/financial standards are maintained. Provide audit support to outside auditors during the year end and interim financial audits • Post tenant payments by recording checks and electronic deposits.
- Maintain the entry, tracing and maintenance of appropriate records regarding all receivables.
- Prepare month end reconciliations.
- Reconcile and maintain chargeback claims.
- Process credit memos ensuring proper approval is obtained.
- Post revenues.
- Update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices • Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information.
- Contact bank to correct deposit discrepancies and make proper adjustments.
- Yearly CAM reconciliations.
- Review all incoming move-in files and approve correct/complete files, otherwise obtain corrections.
- Process all move-out files, assure files are complete and obtain missing documents if needed.
- Process deposit refund checks for move-outs.
- Follow-up on delinquent rents and other outstanding balances.
- Assist managers with proper preparation of 3-day, 30-day, or 60-day notices.
- Verify file before starting legal proceedings.
- Contact attorney to start legal proceedings. Respond to questions and clarify information before, during and after the legal process.
- Negotiate settlement while attorney and manager are in court.
- Send files to collection agency. Follow-up on status and negotiate pay-off.
- Load new properties in Appfolio.
- Set up new managers in Appfolio.
- Assist new managers with banking and correct errors.
- Participate in weekly staff meeting and report on balances, upcoming renewals, legal status.
- Special assignments as they arise.
- Accountant with strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate in Windows applications, Microsoft Office programs, QuickBooks, and AppFolio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Team player.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years or more account receivable experience.
- Residential and commercial real estate experience a must.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Bob Clippinger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1280 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.