Job #1274: Accounting Manager - Remote (10-14-19)
Job TitleAccounting Manager
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
This position is primarily responsible for preparation of the monthly accounting close for the company, assist in the Company’s SEC filings and other general finance/accounting related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform month-end close process.
- Prepare and input manual journal entries.
- Prepare analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and monitor monthly accruals.
- Prepare income statement analysis, including variance analysis with prior periods.
- Assist with the quarterly interim review and annual audit of the financial statements.
- Assist in preparation of periodic SEC filings (10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, 8-K, Form 4, etc.)
- Prepare documentation supporting all SEC filings
- Assist in development and documentation of internal controls processes and SOPs including SOX compliance initiatives.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Conduct research on current SEC reporting and technical accounting issues, as necessary
- Participate in special projects, at the direction of management.
- Perform other duties as assigned and necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3-4 years public accounting experience with Big 4 or large national/regional CPA firm and/or 5+ years working in private industry with relevant experience (life science experience preferred)
- Experience working on SEC clients or public companies preferred.
- Knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Strong analytical/technical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Justin Vogel at email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1274 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.