Job #1265: Gross to Net Accounting Consultant (TEMPORARY) - Raleigh, NC (9-25-19)
Job TitleGross to Net Accounting Consultant
Salary$75/hour + Expense Reimbursement
The Gross to Net Accounting Consultant will have leadership responsibility for developing and maintaining processes, systems and analysis to support appropriate gross-to-net revenue accrual accounting and forecasting for the generic and branded pharmaceutical businesses. The Finance Sr Manager/Director has a team of four analysts that support the daily and monthly transactional responsibilities in the processing of gross to net deductions. This role works closely with the generic and branded business teams, the Corporate Accounting team and the VP Finance.
Key activities will include:
- Modeling gross-to-net accrual rates for financial accounting and reporting purposes using a combination of customer contract data and actual gross-to-net transaction data derived from the iContracts system, as well as market intelligence from the generic and branded pharmaceutical business units.
- Partnering with the Commercial Operations Pricing and Contracts team to ensure sales deduction accruals are accurate and analyzing variances to the underlying contractual agreements.
- Supporting enhanced reconciliations of actual transaction data and accrual assumptions.
- Performing trend and sensitivity analyses to determine potential impacts to business results.
- Liaising with the Commercial Operations Pricing and Contracts team and accounting staff to calculate Medicaid, managed care and customer rebate accruals.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on trends in pharmaceutical pricing, patient cost sharing, government programs, commercial and government contracting and other key drivers of gross-to-net through proactive analysis of trends and engagement of internal/external stakeholders.
- Enhancing existing analytical tools to routinely validate the adequacy of gross-to-net balances.
- Ensure that the company’s GTN accounting practices result in compliance with the relevant revenue recognition standards (US GAAP & IFRS).
- Monitoring relevant KPIs/trends/events impacting the business (IMS share and volume data, payor mix, price increases, new contracts, renegotiated rebate amounts, etc.) and incorporating this information into forecasts.
- Preparing explanations of significant changes to the forecast and writing commentary on key business drivers.
- Supporting the annual budget and long range plan process, including partnering with Commercial Operations on the gross sales forecast and market assumptions.
- Preparing Finance business cases for on market and new product assessment.
- Participating in developing finance systems and performing user acceptance testing.
- Automating and improving management reporting to increase efficiencies.
This assignment will last 2-3 months and will require the consultant to be committed for the duration of the project. The consultant will be expected onsite Monday-Thursday and remote on Friday.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume directly to Jody Couch at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1265 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.