Job #1258: Director of Business Development - New York, NY (9-16-19)
Job TitleDirector of Business Development
Do you love meeting people and building relationships? Are you excited about growing a brand and being part of a company that helps people and organizations achieve their goals? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for excellence? If so, then you’re a perfect fit for Point Road Group's Director of Business Development position!
Point Road Group is a global personal branding & consulting company that helps executives and companies make powerful impressions to achieve their goals. This newly created position will play a critical role in driving Point Road Group’s brand awareness, revenue and business growth.
An ideal candidate is energetic, resourceful, driven and excited about winning new business. This person is confident and comfortable speaking with senior executives and conducting pitch meetings. If you’re a self-starter who thinks strategically, takes initiative and is extremely detailed-oriented, you’ll excel.
This is a commission-based, mostly remote role with incremental compensation for success.
What you’ll do:
- Create a business development strategy & design/execute an action plan.
- Build relationships with key executives and stakeholders.
- Drive new revenue by securing business with corporate and individual clients.
- Generate leads and prospects.
- Track performance through KPIs.
- Represent Point Road Group at events in the NY Metropolitan area (and beyond, occasionally) to leverage networking opportunities.
- Lead meetings with prospective individual and corporate clients.
- Develop client proposals.
- Identify and manage sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
- Proven success in previous business development or sales roles.
- Ability to generate interest, enthusiasm and possibility in potential client conversations.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Substantial knowledge of LinkedIn (and a personal profile that reflects it).
- Able to attend meetings in our NYC office.
- Available to attend evening events.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in a similar role for a professional services firm.
- Marketing or communications background.
- Partnerships, sponsorships or event experience.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume and cover letter as one attachment to email@example.com with subject of "Business Development Position - FoF Job #1258". Incomplete applications will not be considered or responded to. No phone calls please. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.