Job #1257: Controller (Start-Up) - New York, NY (9-16-19)
Job TitleController (Start-Up)
Company is looking for an experienced, commercially-minded Controller to join the Finance Team. The right individual will drive financial accuracy and transparency and act as a trusted business partner supporting the company’s operations. The ideal candidate will have keen eye for details, well rounded experience in Accounting/Finance and internal/external audit.
- Responsible for all accounting functions, including the reconciliations of all G/L and intercompany accounts, and reviewing and analyzing all inputs to the financial statements
- Coordinate monthly and annual closing process including AP, AR, Prepaids, Accruals, Commission Calculations and payouts, Payroll, Collections, bank reconciliations and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Manage daily cash flows. Review cancellation cases and collection progress
- Oversee monthly billings audit, reconcile monthly deferred revenue and unbilled AR
- Work with management team to consolidate annual budget rolling business plan/forecast information for subsequent years
- Oversee monthly actuals versus budget variance by department
- Continually adapt and improve management reports in conjunction with the management
- Lead and support corporate internal audit. Work with external auditors in their review of the annual financial statements, provide support and facilitate audit process
- Work with external Tax team for compliance filings
- Oversee the completion of 1099s filing
- Continually adapt and improve management reports as agreed with management
- Business analysis on specified areas and new projects as directed • CPA required. CMA or MBA a plus but, not required
- Self-starter: can work independently and take initiative in challenging situations
- Integrity, credibility and character with demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
Accounting and Systems:
- Substantial accounting experience in a busy, progressive and tightly managed medium sized business, including: monthly reporting, annual budget preparation, financial modelling, cash flow reporting, internal/external audit and compliance filings
- Extensive experience of computerized information systems, preferably Salesforce, including report writing
- Strong spreadsheet manipulation skills and aptitude for Excel work
- A meticulous and methodical approach
- Ability to develop and improve report formats in line with business needs
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Lisa Gootman at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1257 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.