Job #1256: Controller - Morristown, NJ (9-12-19)
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Villa Restaurant Group (VRG) is a multi-brand, multi-concept global restaurant group specializing in full-service restaurants, quick-service restaurants and franchise operations. As a company, we value integrity, family hospitality, passion, innovation and success! We're looking for a Controller for our corporate office in Morristown, New Jersey.
Are you that someone, who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and make a difference? If so, then continue reading and apply today.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and Insurance Benefits
- Company matching 401K
- Excellent culture and “family” work environment
- Free Parking
- Team Member Recognition
- More Great Perks
The Controller is responsible for directing the accounting and finance department, including general accounting, accounts payable/receivable, regulatory, tax, payroll, finance, banking relationships and reporting. This individual will direct and prepare accurate, timely financial statements. Be familiar with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). In addition to working closely with Company owned restaurants, this position will partner with Franchise Operations on sales reporting and royalty collection. The Controller is consistently focused on teamwork and accuracy.
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer, directs the establishment and maintenance of financial policies, accounting principles, restaurant controls for the maintenance of accurate fiscal records and financial report preparation.
- Coordinate, direct, prepare and publish the financial statements, budgets, and report variances on a period end and year end basis.
- Prepare, summarize, and distribute period end P/L reports, which are broken down by division, region, district, and store.
- Manage the annual corporate budget process working with department managers.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal reporting in terms of sales tax, payroll tax, income tax reporting, property tax and business licenses. Establish regular reports designed to monitor and measure compliance
- Conduct period account reconciliation to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
- Review, establish, communicate and enforce proactive internal controls involving restaurant cash reporting, expenses, banking deposits and bank and account reconciliations.
- Review journal entries, costs allocations and credit card reconciliation.
- Manage all accounting operations, supervising both exempt and non-exempt employees, providing leadership guidance and managing performance for results
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Manage payroll department for timely and accurate payment of our team members
- Manage the activities of the independent auditors and banking representatives.
- Upholds company standard policies and procedures
- Minimum of seven (7) years in financial management position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven experience making board level presentations.
- Proven computer, analytical and problem-solving ability. Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance.
- Previous experience in the restaurant / hospitality industry preferred
If you possess these unique qualifications, VRG would love to meet with you.
Villa Restaurant Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume directly to Mike Serchia at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1256 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.