Job #1254: Accounting Manager - Parsippany, NJ (9-12-19)
Job TitleAccounting Manager
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Acrow Corporation of America specializes in prefabricated modular steel bridging solutions for permanent, temporary and emergency use. Acrow has supplied tens of thousands of bridges to urban and rural locations all over the world to help customers build strong and sustainable transportation infrastructure. www.acrow.com Position Description: The Accounting Manager will have responsibility for maintaining the accounting books and records of a United States operating business unit ensuring the company’s financial reporting is in conformity with US GAAP. He/she will also have responsibility over customer billing, payroll, accounts payable, sales and use taxes and administration of the Company’s 401k and medical plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accounting lead for the company’s monthly closing process which includes all journal entries and supporting account reconciliations;
- Meeting monthly and quarterly financial closing timelines.
- Analysis of variances and trends for balance sheet and income statement. Provide explanation of key variances to assist management in understanding underlying transactions and activities in the company’s accounts.
- Active role in producing company’s annual financial plan/budget and periodic forecasts for income statement.
- Assist in the development of company-wide key performance indicators.
- Ensure the company follows local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly sales commission schedules for review by senior management. Prepare and submit timely sales and use tax filings to state governments as required
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations with timely resolution of unreconciled items.
- Manage the company’s payroll process to ensure the proper establishment of employees in the payroll system; the timely and accurate payment of payrolls and withholding taxes and maintain recordkeeping as required by law (e.g. I-9’s, W-4s, E - Verify).
- Manage the employee enrollment process for company’s 401k plan including the timely distribution of required 401k plan disclosures to new employees.
- Support the company’s auditors in the annual audit process, providing supporting information and account and variance analyses as required.
- Support the company’s tax accountants in the preparation of annual federal and state income tax returns and estimated quarterly payments.
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience for a mid-market company or division of a large corporation. Experience at a national or large regional public accounting firm will be considered in meeting this requirement.
- Working knowledge of inventory and standard cost systems.
- Working knowledge of advanced financial and business enterprise software systems. Preference for experience with INFOR Visual ERP and Crystal.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient and current knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to work effectively with senior management and across multiple disciplines within the company.
- Speaks, writes and communicates fluently in English.
Acrow Corporation of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume directly to Robert Russo at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1254 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.