Job #1251: Director SEC & MD&A - New York, NY (9-12-19)
Job TitleDirector SEC & MD&A
Reports to: VP Assistant Controller – Corporate Accounting & Reporting
Purpose of Role: Lead and oversee the Company’s external reporting function
- Manage the preparation and/or review of all relevant U.S. GAAP and non-GAAP disclosures in the Company’s 10-Qs/10-K
- Manage the preparation and/or review of the press release and earnings call script and all supporting documentation • Manage the preparation and/or review of the non-GAAP adjustment process to ensure all approvals are received and amounts are appropriately recorded and reconciled.
- Review quarterly analysis of market submitted data to determine impact on U.S. GAAP disclosures where applicable
- Review quarterly analytical review of consolidated and divisional results, including streamlining data collection. Work closely with divisional finance personnel on key drivers of financial fluctuations.
- Keep up-to-date on emerging SEC guidelines and new and proposed U.S. GAAP accounting standards to determine the potential disclosure implications to the Company’s consolidated financial statements • Review U.S. GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists for each 10-Q/10-K filing
- Facilitate quarterly meetings among the External Reporting team and various departments/groups (Divisional management, Legal, HR, etc.) in order to gather information needed to draft external disclosures
- Liaise with the Investor Relations, Treasury and Legal functions (i.e. support earnings documents, support refinancing presentations, analyst presentation materials, BOD presentations, etc.).
- Oversee the preparation of analyses for inclusion in quarterly Audit and Finance Committee presentation
- Coordinate and oversee the management of external auditors as they progress through their review of the Company’s draft 10-Q/10-K disclosures
- Manage the structure and revisions to SAP Master data and Hyperion Metadata through coordination with FP&A, local finance teams and the Hyperion and SAP IT Admin teams in planning, testing and implementing solutions to inefficiencies identified in accounting and management reporting functionalities in the system
- Support internal and external audits by providing audit schedules, support and responding to inquiries
- Ensure adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley internal control testing, documentation and compliance requirements
- Participate in special projects by supporting management and the project team in various tasks
- Manage External Reporting team of two managers and three analysts. Key Challenges
- Ability to deal with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel maintaining a positive attitude under pressure
- Must be agile and quick to adapt to change
- Ability to work independently and possesses the initiative to identify problems and propose creative solutions
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment, strong organizational & communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and eager to learn.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Lisa Gootman at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1251 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.