Job #1250: Controller - New York, NY (9-12-19)
Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for a wide array of financial reporting activities including the execution of the month-end close, the preparation of periodic financial reports, the oversight of foreign and domestic income and jurisdictional tax matters, the design and enforcement of a comprehensive set of internal controls, the development of a firmwide accounting policy and procedure manual, and the management of the firm’s annual financial statement audits.
- Develop an effective relationship with the FP&A Manager, Director of Finance, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and individual practice leaders.
- Manage the Accounting Team which is responsible for the firm’s Treasury function, vendor management and accounts payable, month-end close procedures and financial reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual unaudited financial statements.
- Provide monthly account-level analysis to finance leadership including but not limited to variance commentary and balance sheet substantiation.
- Prepare cashflow reporting schedules and projections for finance leadership.
- Prepare draft MD&A commentary for finance leadership.
- Execute all procedures associated with the consolidation of the firm’s global financial results: the allocation of corporate costs across subsidiaries, the reconciliation of all intercompany accounts, the analysis of local currencies being converted to USD, and the calculation of a global tax provision.
- Coordinate the global US GAAP and local statutory audits for the firm and its subsidiaries.
- Ensure the accurate and timely filing of the firm’s federal, state, and local income tax returns by liaising with external advisors on regular basis.
- Ensure the accurate and timely filing of the firm’s other non-income based tax filings, which include but are not limited to sales tax and franchise tax reporting.
- Develop and maintain the firm’s global accounting policy and procedure manuals.
- Play an integral role in the implementation of the firm’s Elite 3E software package.
- Lead a highly capable team through the ongoing attraction, development and retention of skilled financial professionals. Review department staff capabilities and recommend improvements and development plans.
- Ensure all business activities are executed with a strong discipline surrounding internal controls.
- Manage special projects and ad hoc requests as required.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Lisa Gootman at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1250 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.