Job #1239: Senior Accountant - New York, NY (9-4-19)
Job TitleSenior Accountant
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Do you take a great deal of pride in your attention to detail? Are you usually the person on your team who catches mistakes? Do you enjoy solving problems and investigating data? If the answers to these questions were “YES!” then we’d like to hear from you!
Strategic Financial Solutions (SFS) lending team is growing! The Finance team that oversees the financial planning and reporting for the Versara & Peerform consumer lending products within SFS is looking for someone to fulfill the Senior Accountant role. In this role, we are looking for you to provide timely and accurate preparation, calculation, and reconciliation of various loan level schedules for the accounting and financial reporting department. The role will perform technical and accounting activities required in order to ensure an effective reporting for management and accounting purposes. Reporting to Associate Controller and working closely with the VP of Finance, this person will be the point person for the month end financial close for all lending products, interim audits, and internal and external investor reporting.
Strategic Financial Solutions is a leading consumer finance company that specializes in helping people that have too much credit card debt. We were recently named the 21st Best Company to Work for in New York by Best Companies to Work For and have been certified as a Great Place to Work 4 times. Additional honors include being named, two times, as one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York City and to the prestigious Inc. 500 list as one of the 500 fastest growing companies in the United States.
- Aggregate, analyze and convert data sources on a monthly basis for internal/external reporting, accounting journal entries and tax related items.
- Maintain loan level schedules for various loan products.
- Track and reconcile loan funding and repayment accounts.
- Prepare income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows for quarterly bank compliance.
- Maintain GAAP across all lending holdings/servicing and related accounting functions.
- Reconcile monthly cash payments with loan level schedules.
- Prepare reporting and reconcile accounts for various investor account.
- Prepare journal entries related to loss reserves, origination fees and other associated loan fees and payments.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile repayments for internal funding schedules.
- Initiate cash movement requests to the treasury manager
- Maintain accurate process and procedures for all reports and tasks.
- 3-5 years of Accounting or technical Lending Operations Experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
- Must have knowledge of accounting systems (Microsoft NAV a plus)
- Must possess strong written and verbal skills to communicate technical subject matter.
- Strong balance sheet skills and understanding of lending GAAP rules
- Must be precise and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities to meet deadlines.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Healthcare: Medical, Vision, Dental
Interested candidates should e-mail resume directly to Paulina Harris at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1239 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at email@example.com on your email.