Job #1231: Chief Financial Officer - Brooklyn, NY (8-26-19)
Job TitleChief Financial Officer
Salary$135,000 - $175,000
Total Fire Protection is expanding rapidly, presenting an exciting and challenging opportunity to bring your fresh ideas, polished expertise, and collaborative attitude to support our growth. The Chief Financial Officer, as a member of the Company’s C-Suite level and reporting to the President/Owner(s), will be directly responsible for all day-to-day Company Financial operations, as detailed below; while managing and overseeing the Finance and Accounting department.
At Total Fire Protection, our MISSION is simple, “Embracing Relationships, while keeping you safe, and delivering First Class Service.” You won’t just be a team member at Total Fire Protection, but a valuable contributor. Our diverse team members support one another as we work towards our common goal of bringing Fire and Life Safety to our customers nationwide.
Our Company culture has been built on the foundation of our CORE VALUES that define “Who We Are” and we hold each other accountable to these CORE VALUES. Our Five-Alarm Growth represents our commitment to embracing change, evolutionary action, continuous learning, constant improvement, and full engagement. We place the priorities of our Team First and our team members back it up through Do What You Say! execution. Total Fire Protection believes that Do the Right Thing! builds loyalty, trust, and respect because We Care about our team members, our customers, and our community.
Every team member brings their own expertise to Total Fire Protection and is encouraged to make their voice heard. We offer a family-oriented culture of teamwork and encourage continuous learning, a diverse atmosphere, and opportunities for career advancement.
Specific expectations of the Chief Financial Officer are outlined below:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently uphold and demonstrate the Company’s CORE Values and play an integral role in delivering the Company’s MISSION Statement.
- Understand Total Fire Protection’s strategy, business, and growth initiatives.
- Serve as an active Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the Company’s Executive Leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts, while providing financial guidance and recommendations of fiscally based short-term and long-term Company growth plans.
- Communicate, engage, and consistently interact with Executive Leadership to report on the Company’s financial position.
- Collaborate in the development of and lead the effort in managing the Company’s financial objectives that align with the Company’s growth and expansion strategy.
- Work with outside consultants, auditors and investors, as necessary.
- Serve as a key member of Executive Leadership team.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic Company Financial initiatives.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as required by the Company’s Executive Leadership team.
- Analyze Company Mergers & Acquisition opportunities and prospective alternative strategies for Company expansion and growth.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting:
- Prepare, present, and possess in-depth knowledge and expertise of the Company’s monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division to the Executive Leadership and Leadership team.
- Create and implement a monthly Accounting calendar, with detailed departmental deliverables that ensures consistent and accurate financial reporting.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings that impact the overall Company financial performance.
- Develop and maintain monthly and annual Company operating budget(s), and report on same throughout the course of the year to Executive Leadership.
- Manage financial planning development and creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting, as required by the Company.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration, and Operations:
- Identify and implement financial software systems to enhance financial and operational reporting.
- Review, assess, and implement required Finance and Accounting controls (Revenue and Expense Controls) throughout the Company, while ensuring the Company consistently upholds regulatory Accounting compliance and conformity.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data for Executive Leadership.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate Payroll legal compliance.
- Review and evaluate current financial month-end close processes, and subsequently recommend an effective and consistent process that will provide Executive Leadership with accurate Financial reporting.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with Executive Leadership.
- Ensure Company’s inventory control system(s) and practices are in place and properly executed by relevant team members and departments. Alternatively, help compose proper inventory control measures to ensure proper financial controls are implemented and adhered to.
- Manage cash flow planning process, availability of funds, and make necessary strategic financial recommendations to Executive Leadership that will ensure Company’s Financial strength.
- Oversee cash, investments and Company asset management interests.
- Explore Company investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking financial models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the Company’s business plans and operating budgets.
Finance and Accounting Team Management:
- Recruit, interview, hire and oversee the Finance and Accounting department that consists of financial disciplines that include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, and Procurement. This includes making relevant personnel changes to the team that is in the best interest of the Company’s CORE Values.
- Supervise the Finance and Accounting department to ensure effective and efficient finance and accounting functionality, including management of all Personnel and Systems (database and software).
- Mentor and develop the Finance and Accounting team, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic, consistent with the Company’s Mission Statement and CORE Values.
Financial Relations and Policies:
- Represent Company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding Company operations.
- Minimum, Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance (MBA preferred), CPA required.
- 3-5 years minimum experience as a CFO in a mid-size Company, or qualified Finance and Accounting Professional ready to take-on a CFO role.
- 10-15+ years total Finance and Accounting experience, with 5+ years’ experience in the Service industry.
- Proven track record of expertise and understanding of GAAP Accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience – QuickBooks, SAP, JD Edwards or PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills. Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving.
Interested candidates should e-mail resume to Antonio Biondi at: email@example.com. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper's Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1231 in the subject line and to copy Nkrumah Pierre and Isabella Brilliant at firstname.lastname@example.org on your email.